Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fourth years in Systems did a project with basically RFID tags and a reader at the door, so a screen can light up and tell you if you are or aren't carrying wallet, keys, etc. The real area they failed was in describing it as a system for seniors who want to remain independent. Sure, it's great for them, but what about those of us who just aren't with it?

Comment

I think I've ranted before about how many times people who get their cars towed have their wallets/purses/IDs in the car when it gets towed? I don't understand that behavior at all either.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That reminds me of the older gentleman I used to do community theater with. His mantra before he went on stage consisted of 3 things "Spectacles" (a reminder to remove his glasses before he went on stage, since they would cause glare from the stage lights) "testicles" (making sure his fly was not unzipped)...and the third item I cannot recall.
        When I am shopping after work I generally don't have my ID on me...it stays in my checkbook in purse which stays in the truck while I am on the clock. We can't keep personal items with us, they either have to be in our vehicle or in our locker...which is located in the very back of the store. Since I work in the front end of the store and have to clock in there, it is very inconvenient to have to come an extra 10-15 minutes early just to put stuff in my locker before clocking in.

We have to card people for a number of reasons, including writing checks if Telecheck tells us to enter ID, purchase of alcohol, tobacco, PG-17 and R rated videos, video games and CDs, and fireworks (age 16 to purchase). One night when I was off work a group of teenagers came in and picked up some snacks and a DVD that required an age check. They scanned all the items and one of them opened a bag of powdered sugar donuts and started eathing them. The cashier told them she needed to see ID.
        "We don't have our f***in' ID" She told them store policy required her to check ID. They repeated they didn't have their ID and she said that store policy said if they didn't show ID she couldn't sell them the DVD.
        They screamed at her, "F*** your store policy and f*** you!!" The one with the donuts threw the open bag at her and they ran to the parking lot laughing. She was covered with powdered sugar and donut bits. By the time the other cashier got to the door the culprits were gone.

Comment

Quoth RetailSlave View Post
          That reminds me of the older gentleman I used to do community theater with. His mantra before he went on stage consisted of 3 things "Spectacles" (a reminder to remove his glasses before he went on stage, since they would cause glare from the stage lights) "testicles" (making sure his fly was not unzipped)...and the third item I cannot recall.
          Just thinking of this one myself. Way I heard it, the gentleman in question made the sign of the cross on himself before going out. Cow-orker asked "WTF, I thought you were Jewish?" He replied "Just checking the four essentials: spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch..."

(N.B. This dates back to when people wore their watches on a chain in their vest pockets. Although I never knew that the story had a basis in fact; I heard it simply as a joke.)

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
            whats the big deal about people knowing your age.

when doing credit card apps. Women get sooooooo mad when i asked for the ID than get even more pissed when i enter the b-day.

Get over it ladies
            I'm 23. I'm already applying for social security and retirement. wheres my night cream.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
            X