This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really shouldn't take pleasure...

Ok, so I work for a computer shop that we'll call PC Baroque. The way our service works is we charge a $45 diagnostic fee, then after we know what's wrong, we quote repairs and if you authorize repairs we drop $30 off the diag fee, so you pay for repairs +$15 instead of repairs +$45. After the service is finished, we warranty our labor for 30 days.

Last evening it was just myself and the manager in the shop. Manager was checking in a customer who had had his system in last week for an unrelated problem. Manager was explaining that since the customer's system had been last week for an unrelated problem, we would still waive our diag fee which would probably only save the customer $15. The customer was very gracious and appriciative about this.

Shortly after manager starts checking in his customer, in walks a lady with a laptop under her arm. She's got on a power suit and left no room between the last syllable of my sentence and the start of her reply. This is happening as Manager is checking in his warranty customer.

DS =
    SC = Stupid customer
    Ma = Manager

DS = Hi, welcome to PC Baroque. Can I help you?
    SC = I hope so.
    DS = (Wow, havn't heard that one before) I'll certainly try.
    SC = <Explains what's wrong with the laptop, explains how she had nothing to do with it, and explains its a business machine so priority priority priority>
    DS = <Explains our process for diags and the fees, etc. Enters info into the system and prints out the work orders for the customer to sign>

Right about here is where I hear Manager explaining to the awesome customer that he's gonna waive the bench fee because it'd been in here.

SC = <Reads the legaleez of the form and looks up at me, and points to Manager (only about 7 feet away)> <loudly> HE just waived THAT guy's diagnostic fee. You gonna do the same for me?
    DS = No I am not.
    SC = <stunned silence>
    Ma = <stunned expression, jaw hits the floor>
    DS = There are extenuating circumstances that caused him to do that. There are no such circumstances here.
    SC = <finishes signing the form and mumbles something sounding like goodbye>
    DS = Have a nice day!

Both customer's leave. Awesome customer holds the door open for Sc who slinks out, then Awesome Customer looks at Manager and I and smile real big, then leaves.

Ma = That. Was. AWESOME! You weren't just "No" but "No I am not!" You could hear the door slam shut.

Why, oh why do customers wanna start off asking for us to just give them stuff?

It DID feel good slamming that door shut though. I think I'm turning into a cynic.
Working...
X