This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can you type?

I love this one. Customer calls in to order some items. He is saying the item numbers so fast I have to try and slow him down. I have to say what the item is and how many I have on the order and how much it is. He tells me that he is in a big rush as he is expecting a phone call. I take another item he puts me on hold about 3 to 4 times. I just wanted to screem and say if you don't have the time to place an order now then call when you do!! We are open 24/7!!! Ok so I get the item number now he is trying to give his card number and I'M NOT READY for it yet. I have to say when he should get this order offer him upgraded shipping and try to up sell him on a sale item. Then I can take his card number. But as it was I had to not try and up sale him on shipping or a sale item. And Yes I can get marked down on that...

Don't you just love it when the customer tries to direct the phone call. You're calling me for help. I do have some idea as to how to do my job. Will you please just let me do it? I get that alot. A customer calls in & starts reciting off their SSN before I've even said anything. Unfortunately, we don't use the SSN to find their account, so once they've provided me with that piece of information, then I need to ask them for their ID number. In a pinch, we can use the SSN to locate them, but it's not the default, and takes some time to get into that search.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I can type very fast. However, people like that just move too fast for you to even think, let alone react.

Amusingly, I write slowly (so I can read it!), so when I get to go orders called in at the bar and am writing down their name and number, I often have to have them repeat it. Not so with the order, though, as once I have written down their name and number, I can just go into the computer and start ordering their food. We get their name so we know whose order is whose when they get there, if we have more than one. We get their number in case they don't show up or there is something wrong with the order (like we're out of something involved in their order). So far, I have never had to use anyone's number, but it's still good to have. If I can write fast enough to get it, that is.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

When I get that I just tell them I'm writing this down so I can either write fast or accurate; not both.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Yeah every now and then I get some one that does not want to give out there phone number. And I have to tell them if there is a problem with your order we will have to e-mail (normal not on file) or s-mail you. And it will take alot longer.

Never the less I pull of there file with there phone number. Its alot faster.

Comment

Can't really go the email route when I am taking to go orders at the bar.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X