This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey plays a bit of a trick..

This one actually happened on swing! A woman comes in, buys something cheap, breaks a fifty. The swing TL manages to break it and she goes on her way. I clock in and the lady comes back.

Lady: i'd like a chicken sandwhich.
    Me: 1.08 please
    Lady: *hands me $100.00*
    Me: [when the hell did we become your personal bank?] I don't know if we can break this right now.
    Lady: You HAVE to.
    Me: *blink* Hey, Swing TL, Can we break a hundred?
    STL: No, I just sent the bank off (all excess cash). Whatever is in the till is what we have.
    Me: We can't break it, sorry. *hands it back*
    Lady: *blink*
    Me: *blink*
    Lady: *stare*
    Me: *blink*
    Lady: *grabs money, walks off*

I can do that all day lady.

Apparently, theres a girl on grave whos a tooooooootalllllllll bitch. Who knew?

Me: Hello, my name is WHISKEY what can I get you?
    Customer: Can we get separate orders?

Mind you, my AM is on shift for some ungodly reason. I've told him we don't do separate orders for a reason. We ALWAYS get hit by a rush when someone asks and they ALWAYS take forever because they're drunk! No choice..

Me: Sure. What can I get you?
    C: Awesome! There was a girl here the other day who was so mean and wouldnt let us do a separate order while it was busy! (he literally said this.)
    Me: Oh man, that sucks. Shes probably fired by now.
    Grave TL: *bursts out laughing on the grill*
    C: HAHAH! COOL!!

They order.. pull to the window..

Me: Hi, gentlemen
    C: O_O

Yes, it is me. I am the big meany who wants to get orders out in at timely fashion and not have to deal with you trying to figure out which card is whos, how youre going to pay, that you don't have enough or whatever always happens. And their order did in fact take ten minutes to get out because they couldn't decide on anything, couldnt pay me in a timely manner, all the same shit that always happens on separate orders on grave. And by the time they were done ordering at the box there were five cars behind them. My AM just kind of went ":\" I guess separate orders go smoother/quicker on days where everyone isn't drunk.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Wow, your stories remind me of me for some reason...and I always thought I was rather nice...

Anyways. Story goes, guy hands me a 100 and I turn and break it, no biggie, the person before him got a money order so I had a few spare twenties. He stares at me and says, "Oh man, I thought you were going to say you couldn't break it, there's this girl here who always says that, she's kindof a bitch about it too."

Me: Oh really? Second shift?
    Him: Yeah, yeah, purple hair. Hey, I forgot cigarettes, can I get *brand*?

You can only see the purple when I turn around. Hah. He goes pale as a ghost and doesn't say anything for the rest of the time he's there.

I love your stories...especially when you tell them they can't have separate orders...'cause I think it comes from working in the service industry, I have this sick fascination about inconveniencing people. I just wish I could do it all the time. I feel like one day I'm just going to go insane and slightly inconvenience everyone who asks something of me just to piss them all off.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      I feel like one day I'm just going to go insane and slightly inconvenience everyone who asks something of me just to piss them all off.
      QFT.

This just had me
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
        I feel like one day I'm just going to go insane and slightly inconvenience everyone who asks something of me just to piss them all off.
        Would you mine horribly if I borrowed this quote? I need to aim it at some people

Comment

Maybe OP's $100 lady was doing some money laundering? Passing counterfeits?
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            Maybe OP's $100 lady was doing some money laundering? Passing counterfeits?
            Its possible. We just recently got a counterfeit pen. Naturally, no one uses it except for me. I would have marked it, had we been able to break it though.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              Its possible. We just recently got a counterfeit pen. Naturally, no one uses it except for me. I would have marked it, had we been able to break it though.
              Unfortunately, those pens are about as useful in detecting counterfeits as orange soda is useful in preventing herpes.

I guess they're better than nothing though.

Oh, and great trick you pulled there.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Indeed. Alot of those pens mark real bills as fake, and fake bills as real.

Best way to deal with bills, is to just manually check it. Only takes about 40 seconds. Feel of bill (Scratch the clothes. They are ridged. Real Fake ones haven't managed to get that feel right yet), but it doesn't stop them from copy higher marks over smaller marks. Still doesn't feel or look right though. Water Marks of course, color of bills. Even the smell of it. Everyway is better then pen. I can't count the amount of times those marked fake bills as real (But I still caught them), and severeal real bills as fake. (Side Note: Police do not like being called for fake bills, only to find out they are real).
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  Best way to deal with bills, is to just manually check it. Only takes about 40 seconds. Feel of bill (Scratch the clothes. They are ridged. Real Fake ones haven't managed to get that feel right yet), but it doesn't stop them from copy higher marks over smaller marks. Still doesn't feel or look right though. Water Marks of course, color of bills. Even the smell of it. Everyway is better then pen. I can't count the amount of times those marked fake bills as real (But I still caught them), and severeal real bills as fake. (Side Note: Police do not like being called for fake bills, only to find out they are real).
                  aw I liked my pen More so, I liked the subtlety. Most people don't see me check, but its kind of obvious when you hold it to the light. It makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    aw I liked my pen More so, I liked the subtlety. Most people don't see me check, but its kind of obvious when you hold it to the light. It makes me uncomfortable for some reason.
                    Put this way. Would you rather catch a counterfeit right away, or later get screamed at and written up for taking a counterfeit? Even though the pen says its fine, alot of places don't accept that as an excuse.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                    X