This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your lack of a Wii does not sadden me

I am REALLY getting sick of people coming in where I work to harass us about whether we have any Wiis or not. Some of them are apparently jobless, since they like to hang out for a couple of hours to see if any come in. Some do this EVERYDAY. Not being a huge "gamer" I don't see why it's so important to have it right now. I will admit, when they do send some, they of course sell out immediately and I get a special pleasure in rubbing that in the rest of the day. "Do you have any Wiis?" "Aww....you JUST MISSED THEM !!"

Cry me a river....
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Did you hear about the people who were buying XBOX 360s and PS3s and taking them outside to the people in line waiting to buy one and smashing them with a sledge hammer or some other similarly destructive tool?

If I was in line I'd have wanted to throttle them, I'll admit that. But not being a gamer, like you, I thought it was funny as hell. One guy that did it said some of the people in line actually cried when he did it.

Comment

It rolls downhill. I bet you alot of Wii customers are parents of whiny spoiled gamer brats and their bitching to you is a result of their own bad parenting.

Comment

Quoth Hicksey View Post
        Did you hear about the people who were buying XBOX 360s and PS3s and taking them outside to the people in line waiting to buy one and smashing them with a sledge hammer or some other similarly destructive tool?
        yup. If they did it in front of my store, we'd have to phone the police. Mainly for vandalism and littering (the embedded plastic for vandalism) or inciting a riot.

Personally though, I'm indifferent. If they have the money to burn like that, let them.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Personally I'm watching to see how far the PS2's will go down in price since I saw them on sale for $129 a couple weeks ago. If they get below a hundred I'll get one. Just like with DVD recorders, I waited four years for the price to drop from $700-$1,000 down to $50 dollars with rebate.

So until those come down in price everyone can play with their Wii-Wii's all they want and I'll have no part of that!

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            Personally I'm watching to see how far the PS2's will go down in price since I saw them on sale for $129 a couple weeks ago. If they get below a hundred I'll get one.
            O/T, but you can get a refurb console from GameStop with a game for around $100, or even cheaper if you look around and aren't afraid to do a little work.

I got an original PS2 used for $80 with a controller from a local used game dealer. They apparently put in a new laser for the disk drive, but didn't fully adjust it - it would read PS2 games, but not PS1. A little websurfing and an adjustment of the laser later, and I have a machine that's worked over a year now with no problems.

Yeah, I'm cheap when it comes to game systems. I'd rather wait around for the bugs to be worked out, see what games are made available, and the eventual price drops.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
              I saw them on sale for $129 a couple weeks ago.
              On sale? Where are you shopping? We have them at that price regularly, and that's in Canadian currency.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

yea, around here PS2s, are 129.99 normally, for brand new in box...
                thats in USD
                http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Okay I admit my mother and I waited from 6:30 am till 9:30 (when Future Shop handed out the tickets) on launch day to get the Wii. Suprisingly the local FS got 44 units and I was number 20 in line. Although waiting for more than say, a day before launch is a little to extreme for me.

Comment

Quoth Hicksey View Post

If I was in line I'd have wanted to throttle them, I'll admit that. But not being a gamer, like you, I thought it was funny as hell. One guy that did it said some of the people in line actually cried when he did it.
                    http://www.smashourstuff.com/ << that's their site

They did with the Wii too (and the ipod). It's pretty sad but somehow funny at the same time.

Comment

If it wasn't for video games, three people that I work with would have to either get a second job or go to full time instead of weekend shifts.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Somebody actually cried because someone smashed their Wii-wii??? Hey it's nobody's business what I decide to do with MY wii-wii.

Comment

Working...
                        X