Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I'd be mad too. But that was an SC moment. We all have our bad days, and as much as I try to be respectful and understanding -- I'm sure I've been an SC at some point in my life.

So I'll tell you my SC moment. I really didn't mean to be...but I'm sure they thought I was.

Years ago, I had it set up for an automatic payment to be taken out of my savings account. Well for reasons I can't remember, I had it cancelled. It was a while ago...and I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone a few years ago.

Anyway, cut to December 2006. I check my accounts online and this payment was taken out. Well it shouldn't have been. So I called the company "Why'd you do that?" They said it was a mistake, but they could not credit it..they'll just make it next month's payment. Great...well It was around Christmas time and I needed that $$. Sooooo I thought I'd call and get the payment reversed as unauthorized.

Called the bank "Yes you can do that" Get to the bank "No you can't do that" "But someone said I could?" "No ... because you did authorize it" "Yes....once upon a time I did..but I cancelled it..and I have no idea why they sent this one thru" So they called department head (NOT at my request, btw) who confirmed, that no, in fact, I could not. Great.

Well..I thought "Maybe she didn't understand what my story was..and that I had revoked the authorization...so I'll go down to her branch and talk to her...most she can say is 'no, I said!" haha So I did....

She was instantly snotty. (I thought "Great she thinks I'm one of those people" I said "But I didn't authorize it" She goes "YES YOU DID" I said "Well, yes..but I revoked it...." and she cut me off and said "Let me get the manager"

I felt like an ass.

Manager comes out -- is very nice...says 'Sure we can do that....but the thing is...we don't normally because of laws..blah blah ((I didn't understand at all what she was saying))

I felt like a bigger ass.

I apologized a million times, that I wasn't trying to be difficult, but that I thought maybe the department supervisor didn't understand that I'd revoked the authorization.

So I got what I wanted...but I felt ... well like an ass.
    Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

That's not sucky. It's not sucky to be persistent if the CSR doesn't explain well or just flat out doesn't listen.

Comment

Working...
      X