This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Kinda hard to tell what he's saying at points... Been up a few days too long, hasn't he?

My brother and I are on the cutting edge of gaming tech... from five or so years ago.

Yup, he got a PS2 from his fiancee for Christmas.
    Him and a lot of other people. I believe that particular console still outsells XBox, PS3 and Wii combined even now.

As for my sheer dorkiness, I saw the last 4 SW movies in theater (I was only 4 when ROTJ came out), the last 3 I went to midnight premiers at a lil' theater in Cornelius. Never have to buy a ticket there ahead of time, it's a beautiful theater too. They get people to dress up like Jedi, storm troopers and Vader to mosey around the crowds. They also did it for all of the LOTR movies, too. Twas' cool.

Comment

I guess I should clarify that my friends and I saw the re-release to theaters of original Star Wars trilogy...

Any rate...enough of my off topic ramblings... I don't think it's bad when a customer makes a joke to me... I'll laugh if it's something new that I haven't heard 50 bazillionty times. Otherwise I'll just look at the person like.. "you really think you're the first to say that to me?" and chuckle just to humor them.
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

And I've seen all the SW episodes in the theaters, camping out for Ep I. My mom was 5 months pregnant with me in 1977 but that counts... right?
        Well, it counts if you did, in fact, *see* the movie from in there...
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
          Well, it counts if you did, in fact, *see* the movie from in there...
          Good. This also means i didn't "see" Pearl Harbor either as i fell asleep halfway through it. Come to think of it, i didn't "attend" my mass media theory course last semester, as i slept through that too...

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Wow, I thought you meant actual dorkiness.......like one of my exes, the brown nosing asskissing loser. He's part of the reason I stereotype video-gamers so much. This guy was so obsessed with video games, that he had to have the newest consoles THE DAY that they came out, and the newest video games THE DAY they came out (he always bragged about being the 2nd or 3rd person to score a PS2 and XBox360 back in the day, and word around the machines at work is he was one of the first to score the PS3 this fall, but I digress). He'd call around every video game store in town to see which day they'd come out (to make sure everyone was in sync and in case one was sold out). Then he made a note in his cell phone to pop up on that day (but he'd already had it memorized anyway for sure). Well, his first choice of game stores had made a mistake for the video game Dead Rising (or some zombie sort of game, I forget), and it was actually not coming out that day. When he went to the store and found out the news, he literally tore the poor clerk a new asshole over it, raising his voice and name calling the poor clerk. I know this because he called me up irate and bragging up a storm about making that "loser at the store" feel how he felt for being let down, and he was so angry that he couldn't be the first to have that game that he had to go home and lie down and let that all in. Yeah....loser. LOL. That is a real story of how dorkiness turns into suckiness!
            This guy would have earned himself a forcible removal from the store by security had he tried that at any of the console Opening Days I was a part of. I'm a video game fan myself, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let someone be nasty to me over something I have no control over.

But what you're talking about....I do that all the time! Sometimes I order through the drive thru with my Queens, NY accent (lol) or my mafia voice, and I've been known to slip a "Thanks gorgeous!" to the poor, unsuspecting 16 year old boys at Mickey D's....teehehehee....they blush over it. That stuff is funny.
            The other day, a customer came up to me and asked for a product. I did my best "hunchback" impression, said "Walk this way, please," and shambled across the store. She followed doing the exact came thing. She even asked if I knew any one named "Abby Normal". God bless Mel Brooks for making that movie. (Young Frankenstein, for those of you who are either too young or have lived under a rock.)
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              But what you're talking about....I do that all the time! Sometimes I order through the drive thru with my Queens, NY accent (lol) or my mafia voice, and I've been known to slip a "Thanks gorgeous!" to the poor, unsuspecting 16 year old boys at Mickey D's....teehehehee....they blush over it. That stuff is funny.
              Yes, if you do that in Wisconsin, you will get blushing and funny looks. It sure is different here than on the coasts. (I'm a transplant from CA. Wish I could say I was from NY.)
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X