Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"By the time I come back here in a couple of years, I'll have not only lost the card but forgotten I ever had one so filling out the form is a waste of time" seems like a pretty good reason

But I'd only ever mention that to someone who got pushy about my not wanting one.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

In my case, I would have to substitute "Office Depot" in place of 'Staples'.

Man, you rock. The cashiers would love it if I printed out this post and left one copy in the register binders..... Management might not be so happy with that though

My "favorite" response to the inquiry of whether one has our Rewards card is "I don't know."

Comment

I was visiting a friend in Chicago, and happened to see the exact Christmas gift I wanted to buy for my son in an art supply store window on Michigan for $10, so I rushed in and bought it. The clerk wanted me to take one of their discount cards... I'm like, "dude, that's great, but I live in Canada... I'm never gonna shop here again." *sigh* he insisted though, and now I have this useless card in my wallet LOL
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
          The clerk wanted me to take one of their discount cards... I'm like, "dude, that's great, but I live in Canada... I'm never gonna shop here again." *sigh* he insisted though, and now I have this useless card in my wallet LOL
          Um... throw it out then.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about customers rattling off numbers before you're ready. I have customers who call in and start rattling off case numbers before they even tell me their name, or let me pull up the first window on my computer. They'll even interupt my greeting sometimes.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

My family has been shopping at this one grocery store almost since it first opened. This particular grocery store doesn't mind if you memorize the number of your card, rather than carrying the card with you. The talk generally goes like this:

Cashier: "Do you have a rewards card?"
              Me: "Yes. 564."
              Casher: [Types it in, waits, looks at me.]
              Me: "That's it!"
              Cashier: "WOW! We're in the 50,000s now. How long have you been shopping here??"

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                I know exactly what you mean about customers rattling off numbers before you're ready. I have customers who call in and start rattling off case numbers before they even tell me their name, or let me pull up the first window on my computer. They'll even interupt my greeting sometimes.
                Oh, how I hated that when I worked in a credit card call center. How hard is it to wait for me to get through my opening spiel first!
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  •Our ability to look up your Rewards Account number is a fallback option. It should not be relied upon for every purchase. It is inconvenient for you and for us to take the time to look up a card. Moreover, the lookup function can and does fail on occassion. We issue the physical cards for a reason.

A great many Hilton customers get their HHonors cards in the mail and never carry them. I don't blame them really, it sucks to have to carry all those cards around. What sucks more however is if they don't have their number written down and expect me to find it for them which happens more often than not. Our computer system sucks so it takes forever for me to scroll through all the "Andersons" until i find the correct one and even then i'm not totally sure I've got it right.

Comment

I work in a video game retailer and just like all the others, we too have a discount card. When you buy something, if you don't tell me you have one or if you give me a different phone number than the last time you were in, don't get pissed cause I didn't know you had one. I might not be new to the company, but I am new to the store. I don't know you and you don't know me. Don't expect me to just magically know your information. Wouldn't it be creepy if I did?

And when you trade something in for store credit cause you get a lot more that way, don't get pissed at me for not giving you cash for it. I already told you, I can give you $10 in cash or $16 in credit. You said credit, don't expect cash.

And above all, quite with the attitudes. I'm not going to be more helpful when you swear. Matter of fact, given the way my management works, I'll just go ahead and tell you you are a bad parent for buying Little Johhny his third copy of Grand Theft Auto. My boss agree swith me. His boss won't appreciate having to deal with you cause I pissed you off, but I won't even get a verbal warning.

Some bosses are great. Sorry for the rant there, it just sorta spilled out.

Comment

Working...
                    X