This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of the year?

So, woman comes up with two children and a cart full of junk food. I think the closest thing she had to an actual food item was a pack of ready-to-cook hamburger patties. The rest was soda, chips, candy, and microwave dinners. So I ring it all up and tell her the total, about $160. She then informs me she's using an EBT/food stamp, which brings her total down to about $156. Then she slides her card and it's rejected due to lack of funds.

Then the fun begins.

Her: "How much I got on there?"
    Me: *runs off a partial receipt to check* "$138."
    Her: "That's it?!"
    Me: "And $26 in the cash account."
    Her: "I ain't spendin' cash on food!"

...how lovely. You're welcome, by the way. Can I have that $20 from each of my paychecks back now?

She then proceeded to have me void things off one by one until she was under her food stamp amount. She kept all the soda and chips.
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Wrong. Just...so much wrong. Those poor kids will not have healthy lives.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

This really ticks me off.

We have an epidemic of obesity in this country, and it is well known that part of the problem comes from the fact fast food is cheaper than real food.

Thus we perpetuate a system of unhealthy eating and scam artistry when the real solution is this:

People should only be able to use food stamps to buy real food: real vegatables, real fruit, real meat.

No chips. No soda. No microwave dinners. Hell, I'd even support raising the amount of money people on food stamps get, just so they can get real food . . . the cost savings in health care would be worth it.

Sorry if I wandered in fratching territory. I just get so sick of food stamp abuse.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        I just get so sick of food stamp abuse.
        Its not food stamp abuse if they buy what the guidelines say theyre aloud to. I'm on food stamps and heaven forbid sometimes I buy chocolate, just like normal people! Food stamp abuse is things like selling their food stamps for cigarettes and liquor.
        Last edited by Whiskey; 07-20-2010, 11:03 PM.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

No chips. No soda. No microwave dinners. Hell, I'd even support raising the amount of money people on food stamps get, just so they can get real food . . . the cost savings in health care would be worth it.
          i would, too, but i doubt even a raise in balance would change their habits. it's about what's easy, not what's good.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            Sorry if I wandered in fratching territory.
            You did, and worse yet, you knew it was Fratching territory and posted it anyway.

Please keep comments like this on Fratching, and off of here.

This isn't the only troublesome post in this thread. Anyone who continues down this path will get an infraction.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              People should only be able to use food stamps to buy real food: real vegatables, real fruit, real meat.

Sorry if I wandered in fratching territory. I just get so sick of food stamp abuse.
              It's technically not abuse since it is food, but I absolutely agree. I was just talking about this with someone last night. I also think people who smoke should not be allowed to get them either.

Comment

I see someone doesn't know how to listen.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                X