This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want the one with the rebate

Okay, this one brought up a "huh?" moment for a while. I posted this about two hacks ago, When I was still at till.

I had a customer come up and said she had a question about flash drives. Okay, I know enough to get me by, lets find out what she needs.:

Me: What's your question?
    DC: Where are these flash drives that are in the flyer?

Now I've seen the flyer, these have a $20 MIR and the cost at the end (assuming she got the rebate, was $40 dollars.

Me: Are you sure you want those? We have some that are on clearance here for $20 straight away. Same size as well.
    DC: What's wrong with them?
    Me: Nothing, completely unused and still in the packaging. The manufacturer must be releasing some larger capacity ones soon.
    DC: What's the difference between the two?
    Me: Brand name really. There's no moving parts, and the parts quality is generally equal. Just assembled by a different company. Both are exceptional brands for this type of product.
    DC: No, I want the one in the flyer.
    Me: okay...

Yes ladies and gentlemen, you heard right. This evolutionary shallow pool being, instead of wanting a good product for dirt cheap, decided they wanted to pay 3 times the amount for one in the hopes they will get a rebate that will push it to only twice the amount.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Wierd. Generally I can't convince customers not to get the product that is cheapest even if it doesn't meet many of the requirements they just told me they were looking for.

They have very strict guidelines about what they need, and you must find something that meets every one of their needs. Oh whats that over there, 9.99 on sale! NEVERMIND!

Comment

"That which we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly."
      -- Thomas Paine

Don't we all love to help customers save money? Of course, we also have a $ per customer KPI buried somewhere in our weekly paperwork....
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

She just wants to complain when she doesn't get the rebate because she never sent it in. That's my guess.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Some people are (often justifiably so) wary of "the same quality product" that costs less than the next one on the shelf.

Especially when it comes to electronics.....but a flash drive is a flash drive as far as I'm concerned. I prefer my Sandisk Titanium just because it has put up with so much abuse and has the retractable usb, but I think the customer was just being over-cautious.

Comment

Working...
          X