This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Woes...

Okay, to be perfectly honest, things have gone very smoothly considering we've had two new game consoles and an update to the DS this past holiday season. There have been no fights or anything of that nature, but there was this bit of dumbness.

Okay, just a few days before the 17th of December my employer ran a national sales flyer indicating that we would have at least 18 of the Wii systems. We had 24 set aside. All of my customers that I had spoken to during the week before the 17th were told very clearly that if they wanted one, they needed to get there as early as possible-- first come, first served and tickets would be issued to the first 24, guaranteeing them their machines.

Fifty people show up. 26 people leave emptyhanded. 25 of them are cool with it. One is not.

The lady asks, rather stupidly. "Don't you have any for the people who just walk in when the store opens?"

"No ma'am. It was first come, first served. There were 24 tickets and you just didn't get here in time."

She didn't seem to comprehend this. So, she went from the media department* senior, who was overseeing the Wii event to several managers, all telling her the same thing. I wasn't there, but was subjected to her inability to comprehend the next day and gave her the same schpiel on the phone. Desperate to get back to my more intelligent and sane customers, I explained that the ad nowhere guaranteed that everybody would be able to get one.

"Well, how do I get in touch with the people who do the ad?"

"I have no idea, ma'am. I suggest looking up the information on our company website."

I have not heard from her since.

*media covers music, movies, video games, and computer software.
    Last edited by Mike Taylor; 01-04-2007, 04:57 AM.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
    "Well, how do I get in touch with the people who do the ad?"
    What on earth was she planning to accomplish with that?

"Hello, marketing department? Yes, I'd like you to change your ad to read that EVERYONE will get a Wii so that if I get there and you don't have one, I can sue you for false advertising. And I... hello? Hello??"
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

My thoughts exactly...what the heck did she think she was going to do? Convince them that they ran the ad wrong? Accept defeat and get over it - you didn't get a Wii!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Well, hello fellow team member !!

And how do we perform ?
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Thankfully, she is the only nitwit customer I had to deal with during Christmas and that was just for a few seconds.

I'm proud to say that all of my other video game customers were, albeit disappointed, very levelheaded and mature about it.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
          X