Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 1 one of those today. I answered the phone, since I was right there. I said my usual banter. They asked if a Tony was there. No Tony is working here. They keep trying to say that he was. Finally, I asked what number they have. They were off by 1 digit.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I also do not understand this at all. I've had countless calls where people ask for Jim or Sally or whoever, and I say there's no one here by that name. And they ask "Are you sure? This is the number they gave me!"

Uh, yeah jerk. Unless Jim broke in through a back window, I'm pretty sure who's here and who's not. Looks like old Jimbo decided to give you a phony phone number- and looks like you deserved it!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I'd like to have the power to do that IN PERSON.
        But that would involve a mop incident, and I don't wanna have to clean that up. Better that it happens in their own home or car or wherever

Comment

Quoth nick1091 View Post
          Me: Good Afternoon, XYZ Company.
          SC: Hi, Speedy Dry Cleaners?
          Me: I'm sorry, this is XYZ Company.
          SC: So this isn't Speedy?
          Me: No, ma'am, I believe you've dialed the wrong n-
          SC: Are you sure?
          "Actually we really are Speedy Dry Cleaners. We're just trying to get you to go away while we try to figure out how to fix the mess made when we accidently put the wrong chemicals into the cleaner. All your laundry has turned into a solid lump of. . . something. I suggested compensating you for your loss, but the boss told me to forget it since you're an incompetant twit with less brain capacity than a goldfish." <click>

Or at least that's what I'd say if I could get away with it.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
            But that would involve a mop incident, and I don't wanna have to clean that up. Better that it happens in their own home or car or wherever
            For that, I would gladly break out the mop. About the only time you'll ever hear me say such a thing, too.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

On one of the old incantations of the board wasn't there someone who's number was close to that of the big orange home improvement store? And a story with the end of it being "Oh, well look at that, there IS a large home improvement store in my living room!"

I miss that post. It was so much funnier than I make it sound.
              "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

[QUOTE=nick1091;68136]
                SC: Are you sure?QUOTE]

what reason would i have to lie to you (prior to this incident)?

"is this the mayfair store?" (were you not listening? i said "barnes and noble greenfield")
                "no, this is greenfield."
                "I thought i called mayfair."
                "you didn't. this is greenfield."
                "well, can you transfer me to mayfair?"
                "no. i can give you their number, though."
                "are you sure this isn't mayfair? i could've sworn i called them."

Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                  I got 1 one of those today. I answered the phone, since I was right there. I said my usual banter. They asked if a Tony was there. No Tony is working here. They keep trying to say that he was. Finally, I asked what number they have. They were off by 1 digit.
                  Any time I get a call looking for someone who isn't here, I ask what number they were trying to reach so that I can inform them if they just dialed wrong, and to try again, or if they do indeed have a wrong number. The last time I asked, the woman got all snippy with me, saying that all I needed to do was to say he didn't live here. I had to rip her a new one, because I had already tried to tell her that twice before, in earlier calls that same day.

At least she didn't call back a fourth time.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

This may be slightly off topic, but what bugs me the most is when I answer the phone:

Me: "Good afternoon, XYZ Company, how can I help you?"

Dumbass: "Yeah, uh, is this XYZ Company?"

Comment

Keep her number

I knew of a guy(on the internet)Who kept the number and called ever so often asking for a non exsistent company.
                      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Also slightly off the topic, but it does apply to stupid calls. I hate when a customer will call and ask for the number of a competitor....such as:

"Good afternoon, thank you for calling rentashack, how may I help you?"

"Yeah, hey, can you give me the number for (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.)"

Is it just me? Maybe it is, but it seems slightly retarded at the least to call an electronics store to get contact info for an electronics store???

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                          Is it just me? Maybe it is, but it seems slightly retarded at the least to call an electronics store to get contact info for an electronics store???
                          Well, they're just, you know, all the same, aren't they?

I think if someone pulls "are you sure" on me, I'll reply, "Well, I don't really know. I could look under the couch--" *straining noises* "Nope, no Joe here."

Comment

Working...
                          X