Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the hard part was trying not to laugh hysterically every time she came up with an argument....I was literally biting my lip because I was suppressing some serious laughter.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Must not have been that bad. She ate it. Also maybe she prepared it wrong? Who knows? Not I.

Comment

Hmm...I stand in front of my hams.

Comment

Our hams were clearly marked with OUR name, they are all boneless [the one she bought was bone-in] and we baked them in the store every morning with brown sugar and pineapple and they are God's gift to hams. It is nearly 7 years later, and I STILL crave those damn hams.
          Ooooh, what store? I want one! Now I won't be able to sleep all day, thinking about the marvelous hams...
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

You guys are some real hams, you know that?

Slightly off-topic, I made the really honest mistake of ordering ham when I went to this Best Of Israel Restaurant........boy did i get looks....

Comment

It must be nice to be able to tell if something is tasty or not just by looking at it.

Looks like her family didn't inherit that particular gene and liked the ham anyway.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                Ooooh, what store? I want one! Now I won't be able to sleep all day, thinking about the marvelous hams...
                It's in St. Louis, Missouri USA, but they only do them during the holidays. I was bummed I didn't think to grab one while I was home visiting my dad in December. Now I'll have to wait til next year's holiday trip!

But all we could figure was she's never had a bone-in ham...they can be fattier than a boneless. Either that or she just liked to complain. I remember we took back all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. BUT they had the offending product TO return. Like the lady who kept returning her fresh ground hamburger because it "smelled funny." Half a dozen people smelled this meat and it smelled like meat, GOOD meat not funky meat, but alas, we finally just started grinding her meat fresh when she came up to the store. That STILL didn't satisfy. But when she did the return, she had the package with ALL the meat in it, so she got her refund. So if this lady had the ham still, even if she had PART of the ham, I'm sure the store manager would've done SOMETHING for her. But without a product to return, there wasn't a whole lot anybody could do at the store. That was the ham company's territory.
                I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
                  Like the lady who kept returning her fresh ground hamburger because it "smelled funny." Half a dozen people smelled this meat and it smelled like meat, GOOD meat not funky meat, but alas, we finally just started grinding her meat fresh when she came up to the store. That STILL didn't satisfy.
                  Easy explanation for that one: She's from the east coast. My mom did the same thing when we moved from Iowa to Connecticut. The meat is different because the cows are fed differently. And personally I think east coast meat smells funny to this day nearly 20 years later. I have learned to suck it up and eat it, but you can't imagine how happy I was to find a butcher who only carries IBP meats!!
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                  X