Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiskey put the hurt down tonight (in a good way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work grave, so lobby is closed.

I went by work tonight on a troll for delicious champagne. I was going to pop by, ridicule my TL for having to close tonight, and then drive off laughing all the way. Unfortunately there was a line out the drive (of course) so I just went to taco bell.

/anticlimactic story

OH GOD I JUST REMEMBERED. ***NEW STORY FROM TONIGHT***

Theoretically I was off shift. I hadnt clocked out, but someone managed to get into the store after hours (10:15, doors lock at 10). I go to take their order at the counter.

C: Customer
    C2: Stank bitch Customers friend
    Me: What can I get you.
    C: *hands me a coupon for 2 free tacos, and a coupon for a free shake* I want this
    Me: Okay, you'll need to purchase 2 things for both coupons to apply (both are WITH PURCHASE)
    C2: UM NO WE DONT
    Me: The computer wont let me ring it up any other way
    C2: YOURE LYING I WORK AT JACK IN THE BOX
    Me: ...GRAVE LEAD DEAL WITH THIS IM OFF THE CLOCK
    C2: Yeah thats right -smug face-

Well, she didnt get Grave lead (the pushover). She got the swing lead (the lead from the OP). Needless to say, they had to buy food to apply both coupons. 75% of people who come to my store "work at jack in the box" but none of them know how our registers or policies work. Its almost like theyre.... lying?
    Last edited by Whiskey; 07-26-2010, 08:12 AM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
      I also like that: "He couldn't keep his story straight for twenty feet." I like how it's measured in distance instead of time.
      That's because Space and Time are linked. <\quantum physics>

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        C2: YOURE LYING I WORK AT JACK IN THE BOX
        "Oh COOL! I ALWAYS enjoy waiting on my sisters and brothers that work the frontline at Jack!"

(Man, some customers rilly suck, don't they!*wink nudge*)

So, what's you're Store Number, and it's phone number?"

Mike
        Last edited by JustaCashier; 07-26-2010, 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot to wink and nudge
        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
          You would think someone could engineer an ATM-like contraption for people that want to put in their own orders on a touch screen, with the option to still talk to a drive through employee if they don't want to mess with it. >.>
          A popular po-boy chain here installed machines like that INSIDE the buildings a few years ago. Thing is, you do not have the option to order thru an employee. It's the machine or nothing. Perhaps to minimize customer interaction (probably a good thing, given some of their employees), perhaps to practically eliminate "I didn't order this!" problems...

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          Its almost like theyre.... lying?
          Heaven Forbid.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            . Thing is, you do not have the option to order thru an employee.
            Oh this would be a utopia. also, hay look at me in your signature.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              75% of people who come to my store "work at jack in the box" but none of them know how our registers or policies work. Its almost like theyre.... lying?
              LYING?! Of course not. SC NEVER bend, stretch, or bend the truth. They are perfectly honest at all time.
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
              X