This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one had hope...

Had a customer today on my line who had a few items. She told me she was keeping a container of blueberries to the side because she doesn't know if she has $10 worth of items (they're on sale this week if you spend $10 additional). When she says this, I think "finally someone who has read the ad!" But, things went anywhere but up after this. Here's a list:

-Gave me a dollar off coupon for a big bag of M&Ms to use on an individual size bag that is 79 cents. When I tell her I can't take this, she asks if she could use it if she bought 2 little bags. No, you buy what's on the coupon!

-Gave me a coupon for 4 1 liter bottles of Poland Spring or 1 six pack for a gallon of it (to be fair, hardly anyone reads these right).

-She wants to take said water off, but I tell her that there is a coupon in our coupon book to get it for 79 cents. She asks where that is. I tell her it's in the same book that she got the coupon she used for the bread from. She says she didn't see it... I show it to her and take it out and put it in. But, I must think "you'd see it if you looked past page 2!"

Also, a complaint I have: Would it kill people who would like paper and plastic to give some kind of greeting to me before asking for paper? I swear, just about everyone that wants paper bags will simply say "Paper!" or "Paper and plastic" (some will say please at least). But still, a greeting of some sort first would be nice. We are human.

You're better off without a greeting. Most greetings we seem to get are followed by very bad or tasteless jokes.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X