This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just let me do my job

This wasn't this bad, but just kinda irked me. Customer came in today and upgraded to an EVO. I go through it all fine, and the phone's been activated, it's just loading some software so I set it down on my counter to go get the other phone ready for the test calls. The customer comes around behind my counter to pick the phone up just as it finished loading. The phone takes him to a tutorial about using the touch screen keyboard. There's a big green skip for now button towards the bottom that I can easily see even not holding the phone, but he goes ahead and starts it before I can say anything.

So now I'm patiently waiting for him to finish to make my test calls and then get his money. I'm trying subtle tactics such as asking if he'd rather just skip the test calls and reminding him of the total, but he still spends about 15 minutes on that stupid tutorial, standing behind my counter the whole time. And if that wasn't bad enough his friends come back behind my counter at some point to watch him as well. Thankfully they leave after just a little while, and remind him that their girls are waiting for him. His response? "Well it just dropped me right into this thing and wouldn't let me skip it"

Well, okay, so you didn't see the button, but if you'd keep your hands off the phone till it's paid for and I hand it to you we wouldn't be having this problem.

On a bit more amusing note, he found it simply amazing that we had the EVOs at all. When he first approached my counter and looked at the Sprint phones the conversation went as follows:
    Me: Can I help you, Sir?
    C: No, I was looking for the Evo but you don't have it.
    Me: Actually we do, sir. We just don't have a display model out for it.
    C: You have it in stock?! Now!?
    Me: Yes sir, right down there. *points to it. The Sprint phones are the actually the only ones that have a clear case on the outside so customers can see all our stock on them*
    C: I've looked everywhere for one. Nobody has them!

And later on during the contract
    C: So you actually had THREE of them?!
    Me: Yes
    C: You must have just got them in.
    Me: Actually those have been there for at least a week.
    C: They've just been SITTING there!!?

Extra story: Family came in and was looking at the dummy phones.
    Me: Can I help you?
    C: *SIGH* No, you don't have AT&T Phones. *said in a really exasperated tone*

Family then proceeded to play around with all the dummies for about 10 minutes and I was worried briefly they'd break one of the blackberry dummies trying to open it. *it was just a touch screen*
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

The Evo is actually pretty damn hard to get ahold of (legitimately) right now. Sprint.com has shown it out of stock since only a few days after it came out. Sprint.com is now showing it as "This device is currently sold out online. Some Sprint Stores do have it and we're regularly receiving more.", but that's new as of today. Yesterday it was showing that both Sprint stores and sprint.com are unable to get it.

Sad thing is, I paid full retail for my HTC Hero in March (wasn't able to do an upgrade at that point), I can get the Evo online for $199 after rebates. I love Android, but the Hero is pretty damn sluggish with some stuff, snappy with other stuff. Making a phone calls requires a lot of patience with it (and yeah, I've got the Sprint authorized Android 2.1 update installed... helped quite a bit with battery life).

I tether quite a bit (basically whenever the cable modem drops... which is a little too often), so the extra speed of 4g would be really nice. Plus the dual cameras, larger screen... *drool*. The HDMI output is nice as well.

Comment

well, we've got two more in stock for 199 if you're eligible for an upgrade. just quite a bit of a trip for you.

course, that guy was from florida.
      I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

Working...
      X