This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs on Uscan and at my register tonight

First the UScan SC. She was seriously one of the dumbest people I've seen use it. She kept trying to put her money in before she was at the payment screen and then yell that it was not taking her money. I tell her to hit the Pay Now button, and she does it. But that's the only time she actually did listen. After she hits the button, she again tries to put her money in (there's a screen asking if you have coupons and then the screen where you choose your payment... and THEN you pay), and again yells "SIR, SIR! IT'S NOT TAKING MY MONEY!" I tell her THREE times that she needs to hit the button that says no, but what does she do? She moves her hand around the screen saying "WHAT? WHAT?" and then presses YES. So then after yet again her money's not being taken she yells "WHAT DO I DO NOW??" and I tell her to press the button that says done, twice. After the second time, the man on the other side of her (who was having a lot of trouble himself and complained that the machines at the other area stores do not give him these problemsand that's why he hasn't come here in a while and I think to myself "go there than!") yells to her "PUSH THE BUTTON THAT SAYS DONE LADY!!" She gives him a mean look and then finally does so, tries to put the money in before hitting the cash button, and FINALLY pays and leaves.

Second UScan SC- A woman using Food Stamps did not have enough on her card, so she put back a package of meat. After she pays and gets her receipt, she tells me that there were 3 other items she wanted to return and she claimed that she told me. She NEVER told me and the only thing she gave me was that meat! She gave me a dirty look after going to customer service to get what else she wanted taken off.

And a SC at my register- He comes up with a thing of carrots, limes, and 4 small candles. He tells me the candles have no price and says there's a sign so the manager tells me to go with him to find them. He showed me where he got them. Turns out they were from a box of 72 candles and they were apparently just sitting near them and open. He asks me how much would they be individually, and I tell him he would need to get the whole box. He says he does not need the whole box and it was opened so he wouldn't take it. So he goes on a 10 minute search for another candle to get because he so despretely needs them apparently.

EDIT- An SC who forgot her bags: These two black women were on my line and they had like 4 things and i put 2 in each bag and after i rang them up and gave them their receipt they just started talking to each other and left without their bag and I called out M'AM! real loud like 4 times and they didnt even turn around! How could they have possibly not heard me?!? Luckily they were in the store looking at the DVD rental box and I was able to get another worker to bring the bags to them.

And another I forgot about: This woman managed to hit the enter phone number button instead of the pay now button and then she calls me over and shes like why is it asking me for my phone number?!? I don't want anyone to know that, it's nobody's business! I didn't realize at the time she already used her card and it was a mistake so im like nobody would see it we don't share it with anybody and shes like I know but i still dont want to put it in. So then i see that her card was put in and I point it out to her and she thinks i meant that it wasnt in and she tries to scan her card again.

This truly was an UGH night. So many SCs (especially at UScan), and all night things were either dead or completely packed.
    Last edited by jjc927; 07-31-2010, 04:11 AM.

Ugh describes it alright. I think the Uscan problems goes hand in hand with impatience and not-reading-the-signs-itis. I've only had a few problems with them-- like one was broken (screen glitch of a horrifying sort), confusion with the weight sensors (they were new, and I didn't usually think,"oh there's some method of getting people not to steal"), and my money was gorped up enough for the machine not to take.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

From experience, many, though not all of the problems are a result of not doing what the machine wants. IF it says put the item <someplace> it want's is <someplace> not <other place>.

Comment

Is it possible the women you yelled after were hearing impaired? That or just so focused on their goal they didn't hear you yelling.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I used a Uscan today. I beeped my stuff, hit the appropriate buttons and paid my money. I was out in 2 minutes flat. woo.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
            "WHAT DO I DO NOW??"
            Go to a manned cashier lineup. You clearly lack the mental capacity of a kindergarten child which knows to follow directions.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Is it possible the women you yelled after were hearing impaired? That or just so focused on their goal they didn't hear you yelling.
              I don't think so. They heard me while I was doing there order when I asked for the card and everything. They just decided to talk and pay absolutely no attention to anything else.

Well said lordlundar

Comment

He just happened to find a box that was open? Isn't that convenient for him. Methinks your candle guy probably opened the box himself, because he didn't need all 72, and the store couldn't possibly expect him to get the extras. (You didn't offer to sell him those four for the same price as the whole box?)

Comment

Lol, I should have. He was a pretty big dude though so I didn't want to chance anything

Comment

The only Uscans I've ever had a problem with are the ones at the blue hardware shops. The ones at ours are older it seems and the software they use is a miserable pain in the ass. Slow and doesn't work well.

The ones at the blue smiley face store work like a dream though. Love em. What I can't stand is people who don't know how to use them deciding to learn when the store is busy. Growl.
                    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
                    X