This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's right kick the safety notice out of YOUR way and carry on

In our pharmacy the flood damaged floor has still not been fixed and it happened back in September. We had the area manager come and check it but all he did was bascially enough to cover his ass from being sued. This is black and yellow hazard tape across the sagging floor boards, A sign that says 'Dangerous flooring: please do not enter this area'. I've posted before about various customers going in there still but this one just wins the prize

I was over by the damaged area re stocking the first aid section when a lady passes me heading towards the dangerous area. There is NOTHING down there for customers. It leads to the staff only area. She gets to the sign just as I call out ' Ma'am that area is dangerous and also Staff only' and KICKS the sign a good foot along the floor and marches across the floor boards, trips then huffs and glares at me. I keep as calm and polite as I can and say 'The sign you kicked clearly states the danger' She storms back to me and barks that she wants the toilet. I explain that our (Tiny village pharmacy) has no toilet, the staff have to cross the road to the public toilets.

If she had fallen through those floor boards she would have really hurt herself >_< Why do customers never listen to advice looking after their own safety

Looking for reasons to sue, and make a killing...
    Or, they're so engrossed in their ego-centric world, that the possibility that they might just be vulnerable never crosses their minds?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Looking for reasons to sue, and make a killing...
      Or, they're so engrossed in their ego-centric world, that the possibility that they might just be vulnerable never crosses their minds?
      Or, even scarier, both.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Today it was raining fairly hard for awhile and someone put up a "caution" wet floor sign smack in the middle of my entrance. I watched not on but 2 people walk smack into the sign.

Comment

I learned working at an electronics store that signs, rope, chains and other things dont keep customers out of where they dont belong. I remember one customer crossing the chain and was attempting to get a DVD player off a shelf, but they wanted the one at the bottom and didnt think to take the ones on top of it off. Luckily, they were caught before they hurt themselves and damaged merchandise.

Comment

Quoth KamenRiderOsaka View Post
            I learned working at an electronics store that signs, rope, chains and other things dont keep customers out of where they dont belong.
            Those things just make them want to enter that area MORE.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I vote for- too self absorbed to care.

Comment

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post
                Why do customers never listen to advice looking after their own safety
                Because we've been trained to ignore warning signs/labels by their overuse.
                Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

One thing that I find kind of weird is that we have automatic doors where I work, and it seems like everyday someone bangs into it. It works just fine,and some of these people are regulars.
                  "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Working...
                  X