This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAY More Than I Wanted To Know.

God, it must've been "tell Ralerin all your disgusting problems today!" at Aid of Rite.

First up! Lady wanted to buy 2 packs of fat burning pills and wanted us to order more.

"I need the fat burning pills because I went through a bladder cleansing one first and then I cleaned out my bowels with another".

Second place! The man who begged me for a toilet because "I really really have to pee."

Third but not least! The drunken guy who belched in my face and never apologized flashed me his awful, skinny body (including folds where his thighs met his torso) and a beer gut the shape of an emaciated kid's belly. I don;t think I've EVER seen this guy buy food, just beer upon beer upon beer.

Bonus: Same Shirt Different Day

Sweat Lady came in today, wearing the EXACT ripped, dirty, stained tshirt she wore Friday. I know she has a house with a roommate, why wasn't it washed? I wonder.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I don't know what makes people think anyone needs an explanation of bodily functions except their doctor.

My mom does x-rays and so has to ask every female patient between the ages of 12 and, like 70 if there's a chance that she is pregnant. It's a simple yes or no question. Yet many times she gets a full run-down of the whys, wherefores, and play-by-play of the woman's sex life. WHYYYYY!?
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

It's moments like these that I wish I could just stay inside my house and never come out in public.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
        It's a simple yes or no question. Yet many times she gets a full run-down of the whys, wherefores, and play-by-play of the woman's sex life. WHYYYYY!?
        I'm used to bring asked 'are you sure' or 'is there any chance you could be'.

In my case, I avoid the play-by-play, and just tell them I have an IUD. That gets them nodding and being cool - and also, if it's going to be an abdominal or anything like that, lets them know to expect to see the pretty belly-jewelry.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          Second place! The man who begged me for a toilet because "I really really have to pee.".
          When ya gotta go ya gotta go.

Comment

My mom does x-rays and so has to ask every female patient between the ages of 12 and, like 70 if there's a chance that she is pregnant. It's a simple yes or no question. Yet many times she gets a full run-down of the whys, wherefores, and play-by-play of the woman's sex life. WHYYYYY!?
            Similarly, if I ask for someone's phone number for the "Healthiness +" card, I get the full gamut from "Oh I don't have it with me" to "well my 1 year old daughter was playing with the only copy left and she pulled it off the ring and the dog ate it and it got stuck in his intestines and he had to go have surgery and in the meantime my husband turned up drunk and I screamed at him and called him a lazy good for nothing and he called me a bitch and threatened to sleep with the landlady again" and on and on...
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
              and the dog ate it and it got stuck in his intestines and he had to go have surgery
              and they didn't threaten to sue?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I know she has a house with a roommate, why wasn't it washed? I wonder.
                If you were her roommate, would you wash it? Touch it? Go anywhere near it? Ewww! Then again, you'd never be that gross person's roommate, but still.
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                  If you were her roommate, would you wash it? Touch it? Go anywhere near it? Ewww! Then again, you'd never be that gross person's roommate, but still.
                  Exactly what I was thinking. I have a roommate, too, but we don't do each other's laundry (except dish/hand towels, bathmat, etc. that we share...one of us will toss them into the laundry basket whenever necessary - usually just whichever one of us grabs them first). We're at about the same level of cleanliness (cluttered but not dirty) so it works out.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I tend to give them "No, I've done several home tests" or "No, we've used contraception."
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                      Similarly, if I ask for someone's phone number for the "Healthiness +" card, I get the full gamut from "Oh I don't have it with me" to "well my 1 year old daughter was playing with the only copy left and she pulled it off the ring and the dog ate it and it got stuck in his intestines and he had to go have surgery and in the meantime my husband turned up drunk and I screamed at him and called him a lazy good for nothing and he called me a bitch and threatened to sleep with the landlady again" and on and on...
                      Oh jeez. We have to ask every customer if they're on our coupon mailing list. All they have to say is "yes" or "no" but they don't. They'll either spin an endless yarn about how they were on our mailing list X years ago, but stopped sewing, and now they've got twenty new grandbabies so they're starting again, etc. etc. Or they'll get all irate and claim that they've signed up X times, but haven't received anything yet. Or they live in BFE and can't get mail. Honestly, I don't care! I don't even care if you're on the mailing list, I wouldn't even ask if Corporate didn't make us!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                        I tend to give them "No, I've done several home tests" or "No, we've used contraception."
                        See, that they believe. But "No, I'm a virgin" and I get the third degree.

~Rhania

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          It's moments like these that I wish I could just stay inside my house and never come out in public.
                          This is what I do anyway. Its better this way. ><

Especially when....naked man thigh folds(?) are involved.

Comment

Working...
                          X