This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God for good owners

I was working part-time in a video store in Tucson, AZ. Horrible job but it gave me some extra Christmas money. Signs up throughout the store saying No Habla Espanol. Customer walks up and begins to reel off something in Spanish.

SC = him
    O = owner
    Me

Me. "No habla espanol."
    SC (in perfect English) "Why don't you speak Spanish?"
    Me (after giving him a look that would scare small children) "Because I live in the United States."

SC went to the owner to complain. Owner points out six signs saying No Habla Espanol. Customer leaves in a huff with his rentals.

B. What Did you say to him?
    Me. Explains
    B. Laughs so hard he snorts like a pig.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Okies folks. Language-related threads don't have a good history on CS. Can we keep discussion and commentary here to the guy simply not reading the signs, please? I'll set up a Fratching thread shortly.

EDIT - http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?p=225#post225 for the start...

Rapscallion
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 01-06-2007, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Maybe he couldn't read?
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Selective reading, perhaps?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          I'll set up a Fratching thread shortly.
          Ok, this is the second time I've seen the term "Fracthing". What the hell is that?
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Fratching is a colloquialism in my neck of the woods to mean a debate of enthusiastic nature. 'Fratching in lumps' refers to a brawl.

It's for contentious debates - the sort of stuff we clamp down on here.

Enjoy!

Rapscallion

Comment

My bet is that the guy did read the signs and then decided to be an ass about the fact that you guys don't speak spanish.

you know they have to find something to complain about to make their day go better.

SC. " I cannot sleep through the night without my daily complaint."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Selective reading, perhaps?
                Alot of SCs seem to have that problem.

Comment

Working...
                X