Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay attention to what's in front of you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay attention to what's in front of you!

Tonight in our petrol station we had a big stocktake of everything and were told that for tonight we couldn't sell anything. We had a sign on the window directly in front of where customers pay when using the night till stating that we could only accept payment for fuel only because of the stocktake, yet I couldn't the number of people who asked for something.

The main responses when we told them that we weren't selling anything was

"Why?"
    "But I only want one"
    "That sign doesn't make sense"

Probably the best one was the person who asked if we had any offers on our 2 litre bottles of diet coke. I explained that we had but as we were stocktaking we couldn't sell anything tonight. His response was:

"Alright I'll have two of them then."

There was a sign right in front of them and they were standing less than a yard from it and they still couldn't see it. I wouldn't want to be in a car they're driving if their eyesight is that poor.

Strange that they wouldn't allow you to sell items. Yeah it kinda makes stock harder to deal with but at the gas station I worked at it was never an issue. Do they do it manually? I.E. no computer or anything to log it into?

Comment

Quoth searssoulslave View Post
      Strange that they wouldn't allow you to sell items. Yeah it kinda makes stock harder to deal with but at the gas station I worked at it was never an issue. Do they do it manually? I.E. no computer or anything to log it into?
      we have an outside company that does it for us and they use handheld scanners.

Comment

I am convinced that if there were armed guards standing outside your store with a 30 foot tall sign saying that "Gas purchases only! Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

Someone would walk past all of that and demand to know why you didn't put up a sign.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

The place I work at closes December 31st around 5pm for 12 hours and 2 of us count EVERYTHING by hand and use paper and pen. So much easier. We get to laugh at the people that read the BIG sign on the door yet still pull and knock on the door/windows.

Comment

Working...
          X