This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Banrion View Post
    According to my jeweler its the same today. 300% markup from any sort of jewelry store. Thank goodness for him. He only charges me cost + $100 and has everything appraised before delivery.
    Not just jewelry. When I sold matresses, if we sold it for $3k, we didn't pay more than $800 for it.
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
      According to my jeweler its the same today. 300% markup from any sort of jewelry store. Thank goodness for him. He only charges me cost + $100 and has everything appraised before delivery.
      Interesting. I bought my wife's engagement ring at a store that was going out of business. It was originally priced at $800, I got it for $300. I was amazed that they discounted it so deeply, but if what you're saying is correct, then they still made a small profit on it.

Quoth bean View Post
      I was buying beer after a store meeting. Okay, the meeting ended at 8:00 am, but it was my day off and I didn't want to have to drive 5 miles back to work AGAIN later in the day to get beer.
      A guy I used to work with told me when he used to work third shift, he and his coworkers would hit the bar at the end of their shift, which was early morning. While everyone else there would be ordering bacon & eggs and other standard breakfast food, they'd be ordering pizzas and pitchers of beer. He said they got all kinds of weird looks from everyone else.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I used to bowl in a 9am league with a bunch of guys who worked third shift at the railyard.

It was rather amusing to watch those guys drinking beer that early in the morning with their bacon and egg sandwiches.

Comment

Sportsmom-

It's hard working nights and sleeping during the day. When I worked security I would eat breakfast when I get home and the down a shot or 2 of whiskey, put in my earplugs and then go lay down in the bedroom with the blacked out windows.

Seriously- all that is what it took for me to sleep through the day and it was still hard.

Some family members decided I had a drinking problem because I would have that shot in the morning. If it had been dark outside they wouldn't have thought anything of it- but it was MORNING!

I deflected the accusations with the reminder that morning to them was night time to me because I was a DaySleeper.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
          X