This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apparently even deaf people here voices

I'm not sure if this guy was sucky... or schizo.

Now, I won't go into great detail, but here's the gist

blahblahblah (back and forth between deaf user and hearing user, at this point I have put nothing in except to announce the hearing user's gender and tone of voice)
    out of nowhere
    Deaf User: (Relay operator, please focus on the call and shut up)
    Umm... Okay, that's what I have been doing...
    blahblahblah... once again, relaying back and forth
    Deaf User: (damnit relay, shut up)

I haven't even been putting tonal indicators in anymore... only thing I've put in was that the hearing user was typing in the background to explain any long delay in response.
    blahblahblah, relaying back and forth
    Deaf user: SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! LEAVE ME ALONE! SHUT UP SHUT UP!
    Deaf User: END CALL, END CALL, GET THE FUCK OFF.

... ok... that is one request I will gladly oblige, call disconnected.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Hmmm.

If someone was born deaf and has never heard an audible voice is it possible that they can hear a mental voice ? I wouldn't think they could, as they have no concept of what a voice sounds like. I am endlessly fascinated by these things.
    Last edited by ShootMePlease; 08-06-2010, 08:57 PM.
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Might be maybe the deaf caller may not be able to hear but 'feel' vibration coming from someones voice?
      "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Sometimes I swear my infant son hears someone telling him jokes. He'll just randomly start smiling for no reason. Some people are just special though
        "God appreciates your editing" -Kes

Comment

Quoth Falconess View Post
          Sometimes I swear my infant son hears someone telling him jokes. He'll just randomly start smiling for no reason. Some people are just special though
          That's called gas, love. It's still really cute in infants though.

Then they hit about 10 years old. Then its not so cute.

~Rhania

Comment

Nah. Her kid is all ADVANCED.

He smiles, he reacts, and he rolls over. Far earlier than would be expected.

I'm worried that he heard all of our Master Plans while still in the womb, and has become an Ebil Genius.

Comment

Quoth Falconess View Post
              My grandma would say that the baby is seeing angels that make them smile.

Its probably gas, but you never know. Lol.

Comment

It might not be auditory hallucinations... he could have been having visual hallucinations of you inserting comments into the conversation on his teletype.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Maybe he just didn't want you updating him on the delays. I had a call like that once. I was requested to only type what the person said, no tone, no indication of delays/background noise, etc
                  Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Thing is though, we can't not relay background noises and tonal indicators... I don't know if that is FCC law or company policy, but we have to relay everything.

That and he wasn't saying it after I did tonal indicators or background noises, he was saying it in response to what the hearing user would say.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I dont know if thats changed since I was an operator, but if the deaf user tells you not to, you don't do it. weird.
                      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                        I dont know if thats changed since I was an operator, but if the deaf user tells you not to, you don't do it. weird.
                        The problem is that if the deaf user tells you not to repeat what the hearing user said you can't really pay attention to that instruction.

Maybe the deaf user was hoping that the hearing user would say something else? And convinced himself that since, clearly that wasn't what the hearing user would say, you must have been putting it in there?

Comment

Working...
                        X