• Show
Clear All

• Whiskey, rude??????????????

Seriously.

Me: me.
    C: Speaking customer.
    C2: Cameo speaking customer.

Drive thru as always.

Me: Hello welcome to jack what can i get you?
    C: Can I get a chicken sandwich for a dollar.
    Me: ...
    C: ....
    Me: (why do you need vocal confirmation that i heard you?) Okay.
    C: and a dollar menu fry.
    Me: We don't have dollar menu fries (we dont. our cheapest fries are almost 2$ after tax).
    C: Okay.. a value menu fry!
    Me: ..we don't have a value menu fry
    C2: OMG SHES SO RUDE
    C: Shut up
    C2: I DONT CARE SHES RUDE!!!!!!!!
    C: Can I just get a small fry?
    Me: Sure, anything else?
    C: no.
    Me: alright 4.35 at the window

Thats really the end of it. I wasn't rude, my tone wasn't particular rude, but I do sound matter of fact.

Kind of the way you sound matter of fact when someone asks you what 2+2 is. I even looked over at my TL. He said I was fine.

"You didn't even rip them a new one!"

Woo. progress. Seriously, shut the fuck up, we don't have dollar fries. We never will because theyre amazing profit and you'll buy them anyways. Its the same reason Pepsi never goes on sale. Shut up and shell out.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

You were not rude. Just another case of SC selective hearing. At least the one had some sense.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

They both looked stank at the window. It might have just been them smelling each other though, idk.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        Me: (why do you need vocal confirmation that i heard you?) Okay.
        Because those speakers are crappy, the people taking orders at the window are often distracted by their coworkers asking questions about other orders, and unless you have one of those electronic signs that show the order as it's entered for all the customer knows you heard bacon shake instead of chicken sandwich and you're just standing there going WTF? and hoping the customer will repeat themselves.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          unless you have one of those electronic signs that show the order as it's entered for all the customer knows you heard
          thats the thing, we do. smack dab in the middle of the board. You can't not see it.

edit: and the speakers, as far as ive experienced, are fine. I've been through our drive a couple times, just to annoy my coworkers, and the speakers are (surprisingly) perfect.

Comment

Well, if you have the sign (and you were using it, which it sounds like you do), and you have good speakers, then he's just a dork.

BTW, where's your workplace, 'cuz I'd love to come thru a drive thru that has a working speaker, working sign, and people paying attention to the order. Around here it's usually the equipment that's bad, which makes for frustrating customer service on both sides.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Around here it's usually the equipment that's bad, which makes for frustrating customer service on both sides.
              i don't mind doing "okay" if i'm not at my POS punching it in (usually, at this point, I'm dropping/cooking the food and just listening to the order if no ones in grill/fryers). Obviously, they don't know if I've heard them if its not showing up. This was a case of me actively punching it in and them "seeing" it on the screen.

We also have to verify, "is everything on the screen correct???" which implies YOU SEE THE SCREEN.

I had one customer, a couple days ago, tell me they couldnt see the screen. This was after 4am though. At four, our system reboots and everything dies/takes forever to boot. Before then, I've never heard a word about the screen going black. i've never seen it black either.

Comment

BTW, where's your workplace, 'cuz I'd love to come thru a drive thru that has a working speaker, working sign, and people paying attention to the order.
                From what Whiskey says, you might want to make sure you go through on grave if having that last one is important to you.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                  From what Whiskey says, you might want to make sure you go through on grave if having that last one is important to you.
                  A girl on days got written up for SCREAMING across the restaraunt that she wasnt going to "tell them SHIT" at a lead who doesnt wear a headset.

Apparently, telling people we're out of sprite is worth screaming and profanity. People think I'm bad.

Comment

Remember.. in the SC bible, the term "Rude" can have many meanings.. one of which is:

"Being unable to bend the laws of one's corporation, physics, thermodynamics, or present time/space dimensional configuration to satisfy the whims of a sucky customer."

i.e.:

SC: "I want it fixed now! and I want a DISCOUNT!!"

CSR: "I'm sorry, afraid that's not possible."

SC: Get me your manager, you are rude!!"
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

Yeah, I'm afraid saying "uh, we don't have that?" was the 'rude' part.
                      That word... they keep using it, and I don't think they know what it means.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                      X