This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery Customer Claimed to Have Won Lots of Money

Yesterday, a customer came up with a ticket from late October saying that she won lots of money and needed a claim form. I got the claim form and had to call the head cashier at home since I wasn't entirely sure on how to fill one out and neither my coworker at the service desk.

I asked the customer for the ticket and she gave it to me. When I ran the ticket through, it turned out that she won a small amount of money. I told the customer that and she insisted that she won the large amount and that the ticket wasn't run through the machine right. She even refused to accept the money that she did win. She said that she looked it up on the internet. Apparently, she didn't do it right.

The customer wanted the ticket back so we had to print a copy for our records. I even printed out a report of the winning numbers. I ended up filling out the claim mainly so the customer would stop complaining. She even requested the names of both my coworker and I. I wrote our names on a piece of paper and placed it on the counter. My coworker suggested calling the lottery company about the ticket.

By the way, I checked the winning numbers with the ticket. It turned out that she actually did win the amount that the machine said she did.

My coworker didn't think that it made sense to bring a ticket that won if it was dated a few months back. She mentioned that if she won a bunch of money she would've brought the ticket back the next day.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 01-07-2007, 06:32 AM.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
    My coworker didn't think that it made sense to bring a ticket that won if it was dated a few months back. She mentioned that if she won a bunch of money she would've brought the ticket back the next day.
    This is the only part I am going to defend the SC on. I myself occasionally buy lottery tickets. It is a rare thing, I blow a dollar here and there, and I get a quick pick. In other words, this is an occasional frivolity for me, not a regular addiction. In any case, once I get my lotter ticket, I put it in my wallet. With EVERYTHING ELSE. And because I have a life and have a lot of things going on, I often forget about the lotter ticket until after the drawing. Sometimes days after. Sometimes weeks or even months after. Come to think of it, I could not honestly tell you if there is an unchecked lottery ticket in my wallet right now or not. I don't think there is, but I am not certain....and I just don't care enough at the moment to bother looking.

Not saying this IS what happened, just saying I am sure I am not the only person who doesn't always check their lottery ticket immediately. (No, I still haven't won a damn thing, either.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, I do the same thing. I buy $5 worth at any given time, and just keep them in my wallet, and forget about them, even tho I see them, when I open my wallet.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
      X