Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old man cookie and other tales of Café Woe (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
    Dogs can be used by epileptics to help them know when they're about to have a seizure, and get to a safe place before they let loose, they are also used by people with mobility issues, too.

On the bright side, it wasn't a seeing eye pony.

I dunno....minis are usually the epitome of evil, I don't know that I would trust one to not take me out in the middle of traffic just because....
    Miniture Shetlands are demon ponies. There was one at the country park that was a vicious little I wouldn't trust that pony an inch, especially without a proper bridle.

[back on topic]

I'd say it wasn't a service dog; aren't they normally Labs and Alsations? And the girls would have had papers to prove the point if challenged.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      I'd say it wasn't a service dog; aren't they normally Labs and Alsations? And the girls would have had papers to prove the point if challenged.
      A service dog can be any breed that is strong enough to make its commands felt by its master. That being said, some breeds are far more intelligent than others and retain their training much more easily. You are right, however, in that labs are the most commonly used dogs. (I'm not sure what an Alsacian is, though... I'll have to google it).
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Aka a German Shepherd, if that helps. ^^
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I met a lady once who had a standard poodle as a service dog. She was in a wheelchair, and it was trained to pick up things she'd dropped (and probably other things, too, but that was the only thing I saw).
          Random Doctor Who quote:
          "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
          I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Quoth aqutalion View Post
            I met a lady once who had a standard poodle as a service dog. She was in a wheelchair, and it was trained to pick up things she'd dropped (and probably other things, too, but that was the only thing I saw).
            hey, standard poodles are HUGE, and *very* smart
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
              Something you might want to look for next time is a Medic Alert bracelet/ necklace. Don't ASK FOR IT......but keep an eye out for it. If person X has Service Dog Woofy, they might also have a Medic Alert with them...I have E and wear a bracelet..doctors notice all the time.

Not everyone with disabilities has it obvious.

I'm glad you're willing to learn.

Cutenoob
              Paramedics are trained to look for MA jewelry, for what it's worth. I have type 2 diabetes and wear a silver MA bracelet that looks more like regular jewelry. A good friend of mine has type 1 diabetes and wears a stainless steel medallion inside her clothes...not real obvious.

But good point about spotting the medical ID jewelry.
              He loves the world...except for all the people.
              --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
              X