Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a drive-THRU, not a drive-IN...

I seem to be doomed to get behind indecisive, clueless SCs when going through a drive-thru.
    Doesn't matter what restaurant it is.
    The person/people in front of me almost always:
    1) Have no idea what they want
    2) Will want to substitute EVERYTHING for something else
    3) Will question each and everything on the menu
    4) Will add or subtract items and then ask, "Now how much is it?"
    5) Will try to order things not on the menu
    6) Will argue amongst themselves about what they want/should get
    7) Will allow small children to yell out what they want from the back seat and expect the person on the speaker to hear them clearly
    8) Will still try and continue ordering once they get to the window

As a result, I have the ultimate respect for restaurant employees. I wouldn't last 5 seconds.

Anyone else have this problem on a regular basis? Please don't let it just be me! Not that I'd wish it on anyone else, mind you...
    I'd love to hear any restaurant workers drive-thru horror stories!
    After what I've witnessed firsthand, I'll believe even the wildest of them.
    Last edited by Demonoid Phenomenon; 01-09-2007, 06:35 PM. Reason: added space
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

I have a few friends who are on the shallow end of the gene pool. I have seen them...

1) Turn on and crank up the radio when I'm trying to order for them
    2) Demand seperate bills... cheapskates, divide it up later, who cares about those 4 cents
    3) Try to jump in the drive through window
    4) Yell at people who are obviously drug dealers (such as people who carry baseball bats and backpacks through parking lots after midnight)

Somehow they always do this crap in my car. So I vowed never to take them to a drive thru again, especially after midnight. And #4 is banned from my car for life.

I have also once had to wait a few minutes (probably between 5 and 10) at a drive through because of some problem with their system... the guy behind me was honking his horn and screaming at and threatening me... I just watched him in my mirror and made sure I had my club ready
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Clicky! (Word 97-2003 Format)

Scroll down to the drive-through section. Kthx.

-Ahanix!
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Back in the old days, there was a story on here about a drive-thru window employee who had to deal with a customer while he was jacking off in his car.
        "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
        -FSTDT

Comment

thanks, you've all just given me more to add to my list of reasons why i never do the drive through.

(tho the real reason is if i'm going to eat fast food i'm at least going to walk inside to get it.)
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Two stupid moves that I haven't seen posted yet -
            1. Trying to place an orderr through the window of your car, when you haven't rolled down said window, and;

2. Going through the drive through while you're drinking a beer.

Needless to say, Mr. Beer-drinker got 'delayed' in the drive-thru lane as long as we could, the police were called, with a vehicle description, license plate & direction of travel. And we did advise the dispatchers that he had his kids in the car with him. Idiot.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

We used to get guys who were stoned. They were easy to recognize as they got really confused when ordering, ordered a LOT of stuff, and reeked of pot smoke when they got to the window. We often would get their money and then take our sweet time (unless others were behind them) in getting out the order.

Rarely did they complain, but their antics were fun to watch as the serious munchies set in on them.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

"Will add or subtract items and then ask, "Now how much is it?""

Back in high school I was in a work study program, and we were at McDonald's, and the girl in the program who worked Drive through had that happen, after the new system got installed where you can see al lyou ordered on a screen, and I watched as she double checked everything the customer wanted was there. Sure enough, a little while later the customer came in and demanded to speak to her because his order was "screwed up." I swear, SCs can smell it whe nthey have an inexperienced employee.

Comment

The thing is, drive throughs are *generally* at huge chain fast food stores that everyone has gone to a zillion times before. So how is it possible to have to look at the menu prior to ordering? YOU ALREADY KNOW THE CONTENTS OF THE MENU. gr.

Comment

The OP gave me flashbacks to my drive-thru days. *collapses on floor into fetal position*
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

This did NOT happen to me, I only ever worked Front counter at McD's, so, I'm not entirely sure about the story...
                      But, as far as I remember it, someone was in the drive through once, and a guy on a bicycle came riding up beside this guy's car

Guy in car drives up to the pay window, and apparently just barely avoided being hit by a bottle or something...

Next I know, middle of the morning rush, one of my managers comes running up to the drive through window naught but a few feet from me, leans his torso out, and yells, "Get off this property, if I see you here again, I'll have you arrested!"

Suddenly, I get a grat view of this guy on the bicycle as he rides around the front of the store, wearing his spandex suit and everything, and disappears.

Couple hours later, a cop comes up to me at the register, asks to see a manager.
                      Now, in my mind, I had forgotten about the manager yelling at the guy, and thought, "Holy sh*t, what did I do to piss off this cop?" and went and got a manager.

The cop wanted to get a statement from the employee working the payment window, and to chck the security footage from the attack.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Haven't had fast food in almost 2 years now. Between that and not drinking soda or "sports drinks" I lost 30 lbs. I feel for you guys, I really do, but after looking at my fellow customers at fast food places, I felt it best to distance myself as much as possible. (Which is also why I haven't set foot in the big blue W for about the same amount of time).

That being said, when I was in my later teens, after a fishing trip, the guys decided to drive through McD's. We all ordered, pulled up to the window, and as the drive through attendant leaned out the window expecting money, one of the guys in the back hollered, "Think fast!" and threw at least two of our fish at her! The driver drove out of there like a bat out of hell, while I undid my seatbelt and wailed on the stupid ass that did it.

I was SO afraid to ever go to that place again, in case I might be recognized.
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Scottya21 View Post
                          The thing is, drive throughs are *generally* at huge chain fast food stores that everyone has gone to a zillion times before. So how is it possible to have to look at the menu prior to ordering? YOU ALREADY KNOW THE CONTENTS OF THE MENU. gr.
                          Not always true. For instance the dollar menu at Mc Donalds is always changing. Or better yet, go to Mickie D's and ask for an Arch Deluxe or a Mc Lean Delux, or a Mc DLT or even that Spicy Chicken sandwich which was just there a month ago.
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Comment

Quoth Gonzo View Post
                            Not always true. For instance the dollar menu at Mc Donalds is always changing. Or better yet, go to Mickie D's and ask for an Arch Deluxe or a Mc Lean Delux, or a Mc DLT or even that Spicy Chicken sandwich which was just there a month ago.
                            *Seven* months ago, unless it was a regional thing... but we did just get rid of the McRib again

Things do change, if not much at once, and sometimes you want something different than usual and have to look over the options you don't usually pick. Or maybe you're not sure if you have enough money on you and are comparing prices.

But don't throw stuff, please
                            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X