Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had people assume I was single mom, dirt poor and uneducated. Well, till I tell them I'm happily married to the father of all three of my children.

The look they get on their face when they find out where my husband works and what he does is priceless, because I just shot their "dirt poor" theory all to hell and back. When we were dating and first married, we were dirt poor. We aren't rich, but we are comfortable now.

Also, I'm far from uneducated, no I don't have a degree yet, but I was invited to join MENSA, but saw no need.

It never occurred to the person that I could be working because I enjoy it or because I want to be able to help out.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I have 4 A-Levels (Psychology, History, English Lit and General Studies) as well as 9 good GCSE's. I had a place at university to do midwifery or English but I chose to work at the Ministry of Defence instead as I'm aiming to do a degree through Open University. I hated how customers would make assumptions.

At least people can see all the training cabin crew have to go through due to television programmes etc and most of them realise we are their for their safety (though you get the few who think you must be stupid) The perception of 'glamour' and travel makes it quite a coveted job apparently.

I don't think anyone should be looked down on for working anywhere and at least their not living off benefits!
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth shelly2jn View Post
        Mother Sorry I didn't mean to make assumptions or insult you.
        Me: Well you did.
        Shelly: 1 / Snobby Mother: 0

Who did she think she was? Yes, she did mean to make assumptions and insult you. Why else would she have said that? What ever happened to, "If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? She's not just a snob, but rude and stupid to boot!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X