This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman in a huge hurry... and stupid

The woman being referred to did not have her card of course so i asked for her phone number. She said it wouldn't so go through put your card in you deserve the turkey points. First of all, the turkey points, referring to the deal where you spend $300 and get a free turkey, do not start accumulating until sometime in September, if that. And second, we are not allowed to put in our own cards, especially since ours give us 10% discounts for being employees. I wasn't even allowed to use it for another employee when he forgot his. I offer to get her the house card, and she says "I'm in a huge hurry!" like she's going into labor or something. Luckily the manager was close by so I was able to put in the card without making her wait much. Still though, this woman made me shake my head.

Don't go shopping if in a hurry and take your card if you know you're going shopping...

Bah, I hate it when people tell me to put in "the store card!" if they forget their "healthiness +" card. First off, there is no store card, and second, I tell them straight, "My job is on the line if I do."
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Don't you love when people suggest you use your employee card (a fireable offense)? Usually it's said in that joking, yet waiting to see if you'll do it type of tone. Sorry, not worth losing my job over.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Recently when I had gone to the grocery store I had forgotten my card and when the cashier asked for it I told her I forgot it and not to worry about it.
        She offered to scan hers and I thanked her. She then proceeded to lecture me on how they won't always be able to do that and I should bring in my card.
        I told her that I don't expect them to do that and if I forget my card I can take the loss.
        She has been rude to me every time I go in since then.

Comment

I think it's funny when people tell me to scan mine because at my store there are no immediate discounts. It gives you points off of GAS later. So scanning my own card would 1. Not do them any good and 2. Get me canned. Managers who did create "the store card" were essentially stealing from the company and actually have gotten fired for it.

So whenever someone says "use yours" I say, "No point, it doesn't do YOU any good for ME to get money off of gas."

Sometimes I just think they don't listen to us when we tell them what their card is for in the first place.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
            So whenever someone says "use yours" I say, "No point, it doesn't do YOU any good for ME to get money off of gas."
            Assuming you mean a certain southern grocery chain which just recently added the ability to save $ on Shell gas...At every store here, each register actually has its OWN "store card" so that people without cards can get the discounts from the advertised specials. I have not heard of anyone using them for free gas...yet.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

When I was working as a courtesy clerk at the K grocery store, the cashiers would put in their own cards all the time. They didn't even ask, really. Just, "Do you have your card?" "Oh, no...I forgot/lost/never had it." "No problem." *scan-beep-done*

Granted, not having been trained as a cashier there, I don't know if that was against policy, but I know the shift managers would do it too.
              We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

I guess if your cards didn't have a discount attached to them it wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Quoth Tsiyeria View Post
                  When I was working as a courtesy clerk at the K grocery store, the cashiers would put in their own cards all the time. They didn't even ask, really. Just, "Do you have your card?" "Oh, no...I forgot/lost/never had it." "No problem." *scan-beep-done*

Granted, not having been trained as a cashier there, I don't know if that was against policy, but I know the shift managers would do it too.
                  I had similar experiences with a regional chain grocery store in the town I used to live. Of course, their cards didn't have accumulated rewards with them, they just gave money off certain items outside the normal sales. I always remembered my card once I had one, but back when I rarely shopped at that store and, because of that, never bothered to get a card at the time, the cashier would always just scan his/hers. But if s/he hadn't, it wouldn't have chapped my ass in the least *shrug*
                  "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth MOPPETT View Post
                    Recently when I had gone to the grocery store I had forgotten my card and when the cashier asked for it I told her I forgot it and not to worry about it.
                    She offered to scan hers and I thanked her. She then proceeded to lecture me on how they won't always be able to do that and I should bring in my card.
                    I told her that I don't expect them to do that and if I forget my card I can take the loss.
                    She has been rude to me every time I go in since then.
                    You were being reasonable. You were also being nice to her. And she's been rude to you ever since then? Somethings not right here.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                      You were being reasonable. You were also being nice to her. And she's been rude to you ever since then? Somethings not right here.
                      You're absolutely correct. OP, stop being nice to cashiers. They don't expect it and it upsets their sense of the natural order of things. THAT'S why she's rude to you now. You completely deprived her of the brief satisfaction of lecturing a sucky customer who demands that she use her discount card. Ok, she lectured you anyway, but it probably didn't give her the same rush and completely ruined her day.

How dare you be reasonable?
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                      X