This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma...and how it cheered me up!

Well, my day today has been HELL (long story that I'm not going into here) and by the time this fine specimen made me aware of his presence, I was ready to cry.

SC - Man with more cheek than a sumo wrestler
    Me - Woman who was soon to be gobsmacked
    V - Equally stunned co-worker

SC: OI!
    Me: Can I help you?
    SC: Yes! I've tried some of that hair gel and it's made my hand go all red! I knew I might react badly to it but I wanted to see before I bought it!

Just a note...he's basically STOLEN said hair gel...we do not provide tester products! The next thing he said was UNBELIEVABLE...

SC: Can I sue for this?!
    Me:
    V: Miss_Stress, can he? (I'm doing a law degree btw)

I couldn't help myself at this point, I don't know if people will agree with me turning into a little smartarse, and some may think I was rude, but I've been under a lot of stress in the last couple of days.

Me: In answer to your question Sir, no, you cannot sue. I don't remember ANY legal case where someone was able to sue for their own stupidity, although the judge might credit you for having the sheer GALL to ask that question. He might also ask you questions surrounding your theft of our product. Are you sure you still wish to sue?

He left, swearing and shouting. Seriously, you steal our product and then have the cheek to threaten us with legal action?!

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
    I knew I might react badly to it but I wanted to see before I bought it!
    This is for everyone who wonders why Peanut Butter comes labeled with "WARNING: CONTAINS PEANUTS"
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
      This is for everyone who wonders why Peanut Butter comes labeled with "WARNING: CONTAINS PEANUTS"
      "You mean I actually have to read to find out I'm allergic?!!!??! Well, I never!!!"
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Reading. It's a lost art.

It's a miracle the human race survived the first one hundred years of its own life.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ok, lets skip over the stealing part. So..SC thinks it is going to cause a reaction, uses it anyhow, and it causes a reaction. SC wants to sue. So that means I could say go in drink a bit of said gel, and sue? Even if I bought said Gel? Cause I know it is going to make me sick, and possibly be fatal, but hey..it might not be. Right? Right?
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

He's the kind to break into someones house and then sue when he breaks his toe stumbling around the dark house.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
              He's the kind to break into someones house and then sue when he breaks his toe stumbling around the dark house.
              I'm pretty sure I read a story about a thief who broke into a family's garage, intending to also break into their house while they were on vacation, but couldn't get either into the house or out of the garage, for an extended period (I think it was a week but might have been weekend). He sued the family for having unsafe property or some such, trauma, etc. (he lived on the dog food and bottled water they had stored in the garage) and... he won.
              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                I'm pretty sure I read a story about a thief who broke into a family's garage, intending to also break into their house while they were on vacation, but couldn't get either into the house or out of the garage, for an extended period (I think it was a week but might have been weekend). He sued the family for having unsafe property or some such, trauma, etc. (he lived on the dog food and bottled water they had stored in the garage) and... he won.
                I'd just like to know, what kind of fucking moron of a judge would actually see in their favor when they are clearly breaking the law? I just don't get why any judge with brains would do that. I certainly hope the owners of the house can file an appeal or something and get the decision reversed. As for any judge who does that, they deserve to lose their job.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                  I've heard a lot of variations of this story . . . it's an urban legend.

No one can seem to come up with a case number or court transcript
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Snowbird - I definitely recall one such story about a crook who broke into a house, slipped on a skateboard in the closet while reaching for booty, sued the family for something like Reckless Endangerment or Negligence, and won

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    I believe I've also seen "MAY CONTAIN NUTS"...on peanut butter or tins of nuts...either way, my reaction is "I damn well hope so!"
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      Reading. It's a lost art.

It's a miracle the human race survived the first one hundred years of its own life.
                      Humans survived this long precisely because we used to allow those too stupid to follow common sense (e.g. DON'T stand in the path of a stampeding herd of mammoth) to die from their idiocy.

These days, since every life, with the exception of those pesky "terrorist" countries people go to war with, is important and special, we go out of our way to protect these idiots from improving the genepool by removing themselves.

Things would be much better if we allowed nature to follow its natural course.
                      /rant
                      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                        I've heard a lot of variations of this story . . . it's an urban legend.

No one can seem to come up with a case number or court transcript
                        I wondered if it was, that's why I looked it up on Snopes.com and Googled it but I couldn't find a reference on either. I'll keep looking.
                        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

I found this one on snopes stating it's false
                          http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            I believe I've also seen "MAY CONTAIN NUTS"...on peanut butter or tins of nuts...either way, my reaction is "I damn well hope so!"
                            On the hot water dispenser on the coffee machine at my work you have a handle labeled, "Hot Water" and just above the handle it says "Warning: Hot Water"
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              At least that is peanut BUTTER, you can always hope (or fear?) that it has been made with some peanut-tasting chemical product! I recently bought a bag of SHELLED PEANUTS labeled with "ALLERGY WARNING: CONTAINS PEANUTS".
                              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
                              X