This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note in our log book that was addressed to the manager:

Tonight I'm working at the other hotel my manager runs. Same manager, different coworkers.

SC called wondering why there was an extra charge on their CC. CW explained that it was for smoking in a non-smoking room. SC denies it, but CW points out that there were butts found in the room. SC hangs up. Presumabally defeated.

My manager has a spine. Since the SC signed the reg card and initialed next to the part where there's a $250 charge for smoking in a non-smoking room, and the fact that there's physical evidence of violating said rule, they've got no leg to stand on. Manager won't back down.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    My manager has a spine. Since the SC signed the reg card and initialed next to the part where there's a $250 charge for smoking in a non-smoking room, and the fact that there's physical evidence of violating said rule, they've got no leg to stand on. Manager won't back down.
    Would he marry me? They're so rare!!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

My mom's the same way.
      By the way, Hero, you wouldn't be using SoftHotel Program by any chance?

Our card says you agree to pay 250 for smoking illegal drugs, or smoking in a none smoking room. Just below that it says you're insured for up to 5000 if your things are in our safes.. though for some reason.. people think they're getting charged that..

And your SC is one of my favorites to deal with. Point out WHY they're charged and they don't argue, they hang up and go away.

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
        By the way, Hero, you wouldn't be using SoftHotel Program by any chance?
        No we use a program which I think is specific to my hotel chain. Both my main hotel, and the place I was covering at in the original post use it.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Why didn't he just get a smoking room?

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
            The one I was covering at was completely nonsmoking.

Comment

Ah, OK. I guess someone was too lazy to go outside (and it's not like cold can be an excuse this time of year).

Comment

Then they'll just say that heat is the problem ^_^ After all, they're carrying a portable source of heat which just makes it worse...

A bad customer will always find something to complain about, I'm afraid.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Would he marry me? They're so rare!!
                  Does he have a twin so I can have one?
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Does he have a twin so I can have one?
                    You'd want to marry the evil twin?

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                      Because he was trying to save money - now that worked out well for him didn't it?

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                        for one very good reason. a LOT of localitities towns, AND States are going smoke free. this means all Hotels, bars, food places, stadiums, arenas, most other businesses.

this just happened in my state and all of the hotels put up notices at their front desks and on EVERY room door and I assume in inside every room as well. you can not get a smoking room anywhere in my state
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Some hotels do it on their own. My city is not smoke free- I was startled to walk into a bar the other day and found it filled with smoke, actually. But some of the higher end hotels have gone completely smoke free.

Comment

I used to know a guy that would purposely book a non-smoking room, because he preferred to be on an upper floor, then proceed to smoke. When I expressed my shock and dismay, he just shrugged, and said, "So what? The boss is paying for it." Pissed me off to no end, but nothing I could do about it.
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                              I used to know a guy that would purposely book a non-smoking room, because he preferred to be on an upper floor, then proceed to smoke. When I expressed my shock and dismay, he just shrugged, and said, "So what? The boss is paying for it." Pissed me off to no end, but nothing I could do about it.
                              At the hotel I full-time at, we do have smoking rooms there, and they're on the top floor already so this would be pointless for him to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X