This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My moments as an SC.

Well just thought I would blab where I was being more than my usual self. Sort of like confessional.

4 Hour restaurant visit

A few friends and I were in a restuarant down in St. Augustine. We hadn't seen each other in ages and it was great to see them again, we say in the restaurant for the whole duration of dinner. Although we did tip the waitress very well, I still think we pissed her off. Our check was 120 and we tipped 50, thinking we sat here for a long time where she wasn't able to turn the table over. She gave us attitude as we walked out the door. Thing is we weren't demanding or anything, we just didn't warn her that we would be there for awhile. My SC moment... I thought as we walked out the door, if I had known she was going to give us attitude as we walked out I wouldn't of tipped her as much, but maybe we didn't tip her enough.

Drive Thru

Our windows are broken on our car and we just can't afford at this moment to get them fixed. I was 9 months pregnant and having one of my Chocolate shake and French fry cravings. Well getting in and out of the car was hard, so I went through drive thru. So I pop my door open and order. Drive up and pay, then drive to the next window to get my order. The woman in the window looks at me and says, next time you should just come in giving orders through open doors is a lot harde rthan you think. I just looked down sheepishly in my lap and apologized.
    http://leae.livejournal.com/

You tipped $50 (42%) and she gave you attitude!! Geez. Even if you were there forever, you tipped more than double the normal tip, so she didn't lose out. If you only took half as long, but tipped 15-20%, and she could seat another group in that spot (assume they spent about the same and tipped the same 15-20%), she'd have made *less.*

I don't think you were sucky in any way, shape, or form there.

For the second story, you were also not sucky. Even if you'd come back with something like, "Well, I am nine months pregnant..." I'm sure it is a pain to pass orders through an open door. I also imagine that it's easier than walking into the restaurant, standing in line, getting food & coming back out when you're nine months pregnant.

Comment

Quoth Luckymom View Post
      4 Hour restaurant visit

but maybe we didn't tip her enough.
      42% tip isn't enough? Come on! Unless the place was crowded and people were waiting to get in then her job is easy. After you eat it's all just refills on the drinks as needed. If she HAD turned the table she'd have to get drinks, take orders, do refills, deliver orders and possibly do dessert. An easy table with 42% tippage is usually considered a Godsend to Wait Staff.

I just looked down sheepishly in my lap and apologized.
      Nah...not suckage. It would be more of a challenge to park, get out of the car, get inside, stand in line (not fun when you have a 9-monther playing soccer with your bladder). This one strikes me as more of a Sucky retailer and not a Sucky Customer since the person didn't seem to care that you were in a very gravid state, nor was willing to take that into consideration when they sniped at you.

Mongo
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Sorry, what is sucky about the first one? Are you trying to tell us that you were a SC because you thought a sucky thing about a rude person?
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Maybe the waitress gave you attitude because she didn't know what you tipped yet? When I was waitressing, I always found that the longer someone stayed, the less their tip, so I always lost out on tips that night. But 42% is an awesome tip no matter what! She probably went back to the table, saw the tip amount, and felt like crap for being rude. She should have felt bad. I made her mistake only once, and then after that I swore that I would withhold judgement until I had all the facts.
          You weren't an SC in either situation.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

In no way, shape or form were you an SC. You were/are an AWESOME customer.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X