This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Brave and dumb, or just dumb?

I just got off work an hour ago, had a customer who was a little bit sucky in a unique way. I was in my usual VIP spot, when this car pulls up. This car is a BMW, looks brand new, and had tinted windows. The windows roll down and the driver is your typical yuppie woman. YOu know the type, always obessed with money, would use her marriage just for financial advantage instead of love and has no qualms about making
    their husband broke. Anyway, she pulls up and tries to get in. I stop her and she rolls down her window the following ensues:
    Me Italics are thoughts
    YW: Yuppie Woman

YW: I need a pass to get in here right? I don't have one though.
    Me: You are correct but I cannot let you in without a pass.
    YW: So even though I pay this much, *shows me her tickets* (GOOD LORD!! $535.00!!!!! This isn't going to be good.
    I need a pass to get in and because I pay that much, you're not letting me all because of some slip of paper?

Me: I'm afraid I can't, we have strict rules to follow.
    YW: And who sets these rules?
    *I start rattling off some names, when I mention the CEO, she stops me.*
    YW: So you're telling me that the bastard who sits in front of me sets these rules?
    Me: Uh yes.
    YW: When I get through to to him he's gonna be wondering where his dick is.

Needless to say, I was left standing in a state of shock. I really hope she tries it.
    Brave and dumb
    22.22%
    Dumb
    77.78%
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

haha thats funny!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Ah, one of those 'I'm special, and all should know who I am and what I deserve despite the fact they've never laid eyes on me before.'

I know the type.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
        Ah, one of those 'I'm special, and all should know who I am and what I deserve despite the fact they've never laid eyes on me before.'

I know the type.
        Oh, we DO all know what she deserves... it just differs with her perception of same.

Comment

So let me get this straight. She pays $535 for basketball tickets, (Which is probably more than some people's paycheques ) and she can't/won't spring for the VIP parking? There's something wrong with that picture...

And really, is the mere "commoner" parking really that bad? From the stories you've told, AB, the VIP people are probably more rude, it's probably obscenely expensive, and a Lexus will dent your doors just as well as a Kia would. Except for the fact that you'd save yourself 5 or 10 minutes of walking after the event, I really don't see what the big deal is.

BTW, why would the CEO not be in some high-roller luxury suite getting free champagne and shrimp cocktails?
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            Is the mere "commoner" parking really that bad? From the stories you've told, AB, the VIP people are probably more rude, it's probably obscenely expensive, and a Lexus will dent your doors just as well as a Kia would.
            In the 2 years that I've worked at the arena, I've learned that 50% of VIPs are really nice and are great people, while the other 50% is the ass-crack of humanity and somehow my nose is always on that side.
            You are right about things being expensive, I just looked up ticket plans and at the highest for full season it's a good $4,000. Cheapest being $900. I don't even want to imagine the price for a VIP pass but I think one would pay an extra $20 or so.

Except for the fact that you'd save yourself 5 or 10 minutes of walking after the event, I really don't see what the big deal is.
            Right about that but they have one downside that just pisses them off. The arena is right next to a freeway, a busy one. We set up barrels at the end of the night to reduce traffic and VIP gets a very short end of the stick. They can't get to the freeway at all. Those commoners that they were laughing about earlier are getting the last laugh and I get quite a chuckle out of it. In short, VIP isn't that big of a deal especially if you want to get on a freeway.

BTW, why would the CEO not be in some high-roller luxury suite getting free champagne and shrimp cocktails?
            The arena CEO happens to be quite humble and hates that sort of idea, he actually helps out when needed. Same goes for the owner, they both have courtside seats but they are nice people. The CEO is quite a humble and hardworking guy that he has actually directed traffic if we've been shorthanded. There's something funny about a guy in a suit directing traffic.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              The arena CEO happens to be quite humble and hates that sort of idea, he actually helps out when needed. Same goes for the owner, they both have courtside seats but they are nice people. The CEO is quite a humble and hardworking guy that he has actually directed traffic if we've been shorthanded. There's something funny about a guy in a suit directing traffic.
              Funny, maybe, but helping out when needed is one of the ideal characteristics of anyone in authority above you.

Comment

That woman is a jerk, and I hope that one day life forces her to realize how desperately unhappy she is.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Are you kidding? I would kill for one Kings game in the Maloof's courtside seats.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                  ~Clerks

Comment

I'm sure that after she's done with her piece, she's gonna be wondering where her ticket is

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                      There's something funny about a guy in a suit directing traffic.
                      *Beemer driver tries to get into VIP parking, thinking her $535 tickets give her the right, only to be stopped by the CEO, who is filling in for a sick ArenaBoy*

BD: What do you mean I can't park here?
                      CEO: You need a pass to get in there.
                      BD: WHAT?!? I'm in the CEO's luxury suite! I'll tell him about you, and you'll be on welfare before the game's done! I've got the CEO in my back pocket!
                      CEO: You think that if it makes you happy. *CEO montions over a particularly clumsy tow-truck operator to remove the BMW*

Quoth SuperB View Post
                      Are you kidding? I would kill for one Kings game in the Maloof's courtside seats.
                      It's true-I would give my left arm to get some rinkside tickets to either the Flames or the Oilers. *dreams*
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Posts like this and others make me realize.......I really need to get the hell out of where I am and find these "yuppies" you people speak of, these rich snobs......I mean, I've seem BMWs and Lexus vehicles before......but the only real rich people I saw was when I was in Seattle visiting family...

I know everyone disagrees with me on this, but until I actually see these yuppie people in action...until then....I still think the poor people like the people who live in my neighborhood are the entitled ones. I'm not talking about the working poor, like my family was when I was growing up...or average joe families. You don't have to have money to have manners and decency towards other people, so people like my neighbors can't use that excuse for their bad and illegal behaviors.
                        Last edited by blas; 01-11-2007, 07:46 PM.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          Posts like this and others make me realize.......I really need to get the hell out of where I am and find these "yuppies" you people speak of, these rich snobs......I mean, I've seem BMWs and Lexus vehicles before......but the only real rich people I saw was when I was in Seattle visiting family...
                          Blas, in order to encounter these yuppies, get a job in a affluent area preferably a job involving customer service. Then wait for the yuppies to come, and you are right that poor people can be entiltement whores, people are jerks from both end of the spectrum.

Comment

She pays $535 for basketball tickets, (Which is probably more than some people's paycheques )
                            "Probably"?

Comment

Working...
                            X