Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes. I rent cars fairly frequently, given that I can't really afford one of my own (car payment + insurance + gas + maintenance costs = pricey!). I've never needed to show proof of insurance, but I always pay extra ($22.95/day CAD) for the Loss Damage Waiver insurance. I also obsessively go over the vehicle with the attendant before driving off in it, because I'm so afraid of doing anything to the car I've only just recently gotten my driver's license, but I've never had half the hassle my boyfriend has when he rents a car, since I'm over 25 and he isn't (plus, he has a UK driver's license, mine is local).

The only problem I ever ran into was that I once accidentally turned the steering wheel after the ignition has been turned off, and the wheel locked, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to fix it (it wouldn't even let me turn the key). I was in a massive panic until I phoned the 1-800 number on the keychain and they told me to simply jiggle the wheel while turning the key. I've helped at least four people out of similar jams since that happened to me *blush*
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I've only rented a car once but it was great. My insurance gave me a free upgrade plus the lady at the rental counter didn't charge me for the Magelan system, so I wouldn't get lost in Orlando, and I did take the extra insurance because the traffic was horrendous and scared the crap out of me.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I believe that in Road & Track magazine they said that you should, at least once, rent a car for fun.

"Sure, honey, this GT-H will do fine for the weekend."
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I've rented from Avis three different times, and I've always been pretty pleased with their service. Got good cars that ran well.
          I'm Schizophrenic, and So Am I!

Comment

Working...
          X