Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a 2-store grocery chain here -- where I once worked, in another life *shudder* -- that has these ridiculously tough paper bags...As in, gallon glass jug of wine plus gallon of milk (around 4l each) and still safely hold more without breaking, assuming, of course, that the customer could LIFT the damn thing >_> On the other hand, their plastic bags would occasionally self-destruct under the onerous weight of a loaf of bread...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

when asked for a bag and I only have one or two items...I will say, "Save a dinosaur"....

Comment

Recently I was called up front to help during a rush. I bagged for a SC who demand double paper with double plastic. One item per bag.

Yes, that included produce (ie each PLU in it's own bag), cans of tuna, (buy 4 cans get 4 bags). I used a full stack of plastic bags from the box, which is somewhere between 100-125 i believe.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          I on the other hand am the opposite. I ask for my heavier bags to be double bagged since I'm on bike. I hope this isn't a sucky request.
          Not if you came to my Litter Box. We usually double bag the 2 ltrs anyways, despite manager's constant whining about conserving bags.

Our bags are so thin that they break and/or rip easily. IMO, it's either use an extra 5 cent bag or have to replace a 1.00 bottle of soft drink.

And yes, I've been known to tie knots in bags so stuff doesn't fall out either. But so far over the last 20 years I've worked in grocery stores, I've not had any customers complain about the way I tie stuff.

*knock on wood*

BTW, welcome to the boards.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

i once asked the cashier to put it all in one plastic bag

when it started falling apart as i walked out... i held it together and didn't say a thing cos... they bagged it just the way i'd asked

Comment

What a pair of asshats.

Comment

Sounds to me like a couple of old cronies haven't been drinking their prune juice....
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

The only time I ever rolled my eyes at double bagging were with those crazy old ladies who insisted on only two cans of catfood per bag, double bag it, and they'd have an entire shelf worth of catfood cans in their cart.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The old fart came back yesterday, he didn't remember me, luckily. His first words, "Tie the bags." said in the tone of one addressing a servant or slave. I had a coworker come over and finish the order, his response, "What, this one can't tie knots?" Thank you for addressing me like I'm an appliance.

Quoth blas View Post
                    The only time I ever rolled my eyes at double bagging were with those crazy old ladies who insisted on only two cans of catfood per bag, double bag it, and they'd have an entire shelf worth of catfood cans in their cart.
                    Don't get me started on those types of people.
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-04-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X