Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the SCD watches Torchwood: John Barrowman is gay and acts like a real man.
    Don't care if the man's gay, he can sing and act and I'd get him drunk so he'd never know. LOL

And REALLY? Someone said that about JR (Former desk clerk here and my best friend who now manages at another property in our company). Granted, he IS gay, but he is the most respectable, nice man. I wish more guys that went for girls acted like him (Really, the ones around here are mostly still in the say balls and laugh stage).

Comment

Why do people even think it's okay to ask a total stranger such a question anyways?

If that had been me acting like that rude guy in the OP in front of my mother, she'd have slapped my head clean off my shoulders and I'd STILL be chasing it down the street now.

I guess the best answer for such a question (that wouldn't get you in trouble):

"I really wouldn't know, Sir/Ma'am" and leave it at that.

Sounds like the best option to me at least.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        Yeah, and so is Gandalf.

BTW, the character Dumbledor (not the actors who played him) was written as gay himself. Who would say the second most powerful wizard in the world wasn't manly?
        Don't buy it. Nothing in the Potter series hints at a gay relationship. If JK wanted Dumbledore to be gay, she should have come out and said so in the books.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

She actually did say Dumbledor was gay, but in an interview, not in a book. She felt it rather inappropriate to directly mention, because the books were geared for children.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
            BTW, the character Dumbledor (not the actors who played him) was written as gay himself. Who would say the second most powerful wizard in the world wasn't manly?
            It's supposedly in the books, at least, in the very last book, there's a throwaway line about Dumbledore regretting having to kill Grindelwald to take possession of the Elder Wand... also, 'second' most powerful? There are only two other wizards I can think of who might give Dumbledore a run for his money... Voldemort, and Harry, and Dumbledore handily beats Voldemort every time they face off...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Rob Halford, lead singer of Judas Priest...
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

But you have to remember that in those duels, Dumbledore had the advantage of the Elder Wand, though this wasn't explicitly stated. He was certainly a *skilled* wizard, but not necessarily the most inherently powerful around. Powerful enough to defeat Grindlewald with that same disadvantage, though.

Harry also shows some signs of great power, but he still doesn't utterly outclass his peers. He's just very focused on staying alive.

Comment

Leaky Cauldron interview in which JK reveals Dumbledore's sexuality

Anyway, there's nothing not manly about being a femme-acting gay guy. It's brave to be who you are. And that's all I have to say about that. People who insist men "act manly" are a little too interested in the subject, imho.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    It's supposedly in the books, at least, in the very last book, there's a throwaway line about Dumbledore regretting having to kill Grindelwald to take possession of the Elder Wand... also, 'second' most powerful? There are only two other wizards I can think of who might give Dumbledore a run for his money... Voldemort, and Harry, and Dumbledore handily beats Voldemort every time they face off...
                    IIRC, the Elder Wand's ownership transfers when its current holder is "defeated," which doesn't always mean killed. Dumbledore didn't kill Grindelwald, but he regretted that their relationship fell apart.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

yes! rob halford is da bomb!
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                        Also, according to Wikipedia, David Yost (Billy from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) and George Takei are gay (that's news to me-I knew about the others).
                        My ex was in a weekend acting camp thing that David Yost was also in, and when MMPR first started in the US he commented about having met him and that he kind of had an attitude and that he was gay. Apparently, it's obvious when he's just being himself.

Quoth Kristev View Post
                        She actually did say Dumbledor was gay, but in an interview, not in a book. She felt it rather inappropriate to directly mention, because the books were geared for children.
                        She did consider it, though, and there are a couple of bits in the books that vaguely allude to it.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

...because someone's presumed sexuality is SOOO important to how they ring up and bag groceries. /end sarcasm
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

If gay men aren't real men, the what the crap are they then? Imaginary? Are they gerbils? Starfish?

...send 'em to school and they eat the books...
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

well, if they have the mindset and identify themselves as a man, then they are men.

manly men, well, there are differing versions of those, so...
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X