Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this kid have no friends? "Dude! I finished that sucky report, but my printer blew up. Can I email it to you and get you to print it?" Whether it's a lack of printer or lack of computer, the kid has to know *someone* who he can call on for a little favor like that. Especially if he brings his own paper.

Hell, if the printer is the problem, all Dad has to do is pop into Wally World and pick one up for $25-$30. It'll have ink in it and be cheaper than buying ink cartridges.

Grocery stores. {shakes head sadly, not really surprised} Some people.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Hey Blas. How do I join your procrastinate.... Oh look a distraction!

C.
      Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

Tell them to go next door to Kinko's, that's what they specialize in -- people who can't think for themselves.
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Actually I can think of possible reason why he thought the grocery store could help him.

Where I live, the grocery stores used to have copiers that people could use for about 20-25 cents a page. My aunt used to have me or my brother copy her tax documents this way.

Maybe this guy remembers a store having a public-use copier in the past and he figured that now they would have printers instead. But once you hear 'no,' that should be the end of it.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hmm, I'm starting to feel lucky...my high school was such that you could go into the library, which had a lot of computers, before school, at lunch, or after school to use the computers. They were very, very restricted, but it was enough for most school stuff. And then you could ask them to print stuff, and they would...I mean, if it was something outrageous like 20 pages, they probably wouldn't, but papers? No problem.

And here at my uni, you pay $35 for a computer account and you can print off 30 pages free a day.

Nevertheless, I find it difficult to imagine begging a grocery store. Wouldn't even a library be a better choice, if they have computers? You have to pay, but...yeah...
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

not to mention... i believe there are printing companies that keep late hours. but... i suspect they wanted it free

Comment

I saw this thread when it was first posted, but I kept saying I'll post later.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

^

My high school had printing on the same grounds that my university does. However I think they only charged 5 cents a page.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                    I've seen some hotels with a "business center"; generally a converted closet with a few computers in it for the use of the guests. I wonder if there's some way you could figure out an appropriate charge for the use of the room even if they're not guests.
                    We have a guest computer set up in the lobby which is free to use, but you can't print from it, you need to get someone at the desk to print it for you.. Technically the hotel charges 25 cents a page to print, and $1 + 25 cents/page to fax long distance, but we almost never enforce that if it's just a few pages.

Every year my New Year's resolution is to procrastinate more.
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                      Every year my New Year's resolution is to procrastinate more.
                      I did that one year but never got around to it.
                      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Oh, people want to join my club?

You can fill out the forms............tomorrow. Then you can turn them back in to me.......next Tuesday. No, no, maybe Wednesday.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I already filled out the forms... I think they're an older version though.

... sorry I never got them back to you.

Comment

Quoth Buzzy View Post

What kind of idiots come to a GROCERY STORE thinking they can just use our computers? Isn't that what a library is for? I bet the guy's son had a school paper due the next day and was dumb enough to wait til the last minute to print it out. I'd put my next paycheck on it. And since I'm sure it is a school paper, can't the kid use a school computer first thing in the morning?

Hahaha! I did not expect that. You saved the best part for last. But yeah, if I need to get something printed, there's no way a grocery store would even cross my mind.

Grocery store -- food /=/ prints ---> ???
                            Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                              Hmm, I'm starting to feel lucky...my high school was such that you could go into the library, which had a lot of computers, before school, at lunch, or after school to use the computers. They were very, very restricted, but it was enough for most school stuff. And then you could ask them to print stuff, and they would...I mean, if it was something outrageous like 20 pages, they probably wouldn't, but papers? No problem.
                              My high school was pretty open with everything...until a rather curious geek sent a mass print to all the printers in the school and got printing restricted to 5 pages at a time, and only to the one printer in the library, just to see if it was really that open...

...or the same curious geek who used net send to annoy all the teachers one day, because surely they have a limit on net send and annoying protocols like that...
                              Coworker: Distro of choice?
                              Me: Gentoo.
                              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                                I did that one year but never got around to it.
                                I keep resolving to come up with resolutions, but somehow it never seems to happen...

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X