This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got in!! *two short tales*

Today was, yet again, mad busy. Unfortunately, it also was a closing day for me and the fact that there was the usual four people closing [including myself and the MOD]. Yea, I didn't get onto the floor until four hours after I started my shift. O.o

I have two small, little tales to tell you all.

Tale the First -- or, I just got here!

So I clock in at the start of my shift and get my behind up front, maybe I can start cleaning early today. No such luck anyways, since it's just me, the FES, and maybe the florist at times, ringing people up.

I get to my assigned register, make sure I have everything for the night, and proceed to put my stuff down underneath said register. No sooner do I put my stuff there, a lady comes up to me holding an arrangement [which is already on sale anyways, for the same price as this weeks coupon].

SC: Where did you put my coupon?
    Me: *blinks* I just got in, so I don't know what you're talking about.
    SC: I gave you a coupon, where is it?
    Me: I wouldn't know, I just got in. *logs into register*
    SC: Well, I had it up here.

I have no idea what she's talking about, there's no coupon up here and she tried to get and use a coupon on the arragement. Even the closing MOD tells her she can't, as per policy and coupon stuffs it's not good on sale items. I really don't know what came about of this, as it was too damn busy for me to follow up on it.

Tale the Second -- or, don't honk at me!

This happened about ten minutes before we left. I had just finished doing the last of my returns for the night, it really wasn't that bad considering how busy we were. I managed to get my entire side done in just under an hour and a half, with a few exceptions before closing [a buggy [shopping cart] of returns that didn't take too long, a few things out of place but even SM wouldn't care about it as he knew how busy we were, and trash].

We had about four buggies [ugh, I mean shopping carts!] that needed to go outside, I was going to do it when I notice a car pull up to the curb. I decided to wait and walk away, as I do the person behind the wheel holds down the horn of the car for a good ten seconds.

I ignore it and continue to walk away, we're closed and even if a person didn't know that I'm not going to acknowledge that person when they honk their horn like that. I don't know how long the car sat out there but it was gone by the time I walked back up front and put the carts outside.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
    We had about four buggies [ugh, I mean shopping carts!] that needed to go outside, I was going to do it when I notice a car pull up to the curb. I decided to wait and walk away, as I do the person behind the wheel holds down the horn of the car for a good ten seconds.

I ignore it and continue to walk away, we're closed and even if a person didn't know that I'm not going to acknowledge that person when they honk their horn like that.
    Exactly. If they don't have the manners to speak to you in a civilized way instead of demanding your attention by blasting their car horn at you, they don't deserve acknowledgement.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
    X