Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-compliance notice (long, and gross!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geisman View Post
    Is it rare that I just get really happy and friendly when drunk?
    (snip)
    I seem to get a bit dizzy, then wax more poetic and philosophical than usual-- and get really lackadaisical about my personal space and brain-mouth filter... but all of this can happen when I'm not drunk too. And yes, I've gotten to the "don't drink anymore, k?" stage (can also be known in some people as "trash can needed"), and it's the same all the way through. I also remember just as much when I'm drunk as when I'm sober.
    So no, Geisman. Not completely rare. One of my friends has explicitly stated that he likes drinking because all the problems that he has just melt off for a bit, and he gets relaxed and happy. ... He's probably *this close * to becoming an alcoholic, but he has a room-mate and other friends to look out for him, myself included-- and he isn't addicted.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
      Okay, I've never heard of that... in Germany, police dogs are either used by customs (sniffing for drugs), the bomb squad (sniffing for explosives) or search units (sniffing for missing people).

Using attack dogs to clear an unidentified burglar out of an apartment would be a huge liability issue - mostly because German law is pretty strict with regards to "use of proportionate amounts of force". Meaning: the use of a trained attack dog to subdue, say, an unarmed teenager breaking into an apartment would be a disproportionate amount of force, and the officer in question would be facing criminal charges if the kid got hurt.
      Actually, use of dogs improves safety . . . . by keeping people from getting shot. Use of dogs is also great intimidation . . . often suspects surrender rather than face a dog.

The dogs are well trained (many come from Germany actually) to let go on command, and suspects are rarely injured unless they are stupid enough to try and fight the dog.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My neighbors bred German shepherds, and they had a police dog direct from Germany, he was retired to breed because he was injured. They said that he would grab you with his mouth, but there was another command for bite. Like, bite your arm off. So, used properly, they are actually pretty safe for getting people to stop.

I don't think I want to live anywhere where drunk people would be. The urge to go out there and tie them all to trees or something so they stop being stupid would be too great. I would be known as the lady who ties drunks to trees.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          Actually, use of dogs improves safety . . . . by keeping people from getting shot. Use of dogs is also great intimidation . . . often suspects surrender rather than face a dog.

The dogs are well trained (many come from Germany actually) to let go on command, and suspects are rarely injured unless they are stupid enough to try and fight the dog.
          I suspect Draggar would weigh in nicely with official reasonings and such... lemme see if I can dredge him up... I too have heard that suspects totally do not like dogs. They're fast, they know what to do, and their teeth look like they'd hurt. People who are trained to use guns are trained that if you aim a gun at someone, you are prepared/willing to kill the person you are aiming at. Thus, cops try not to use them. Dogs? You'd have to try to kill someone. Guns... you're trained that if you shoot at someone, you want to kill them.
          PSA: guns are scary. .____.

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
          (snip)
          I don't think I want to live anywhere where drunk people would be. The urge to go out there and tie them all to trees or something so they stop being stupid would be too great. I would be known as the lady who ties drunks to trees.
          honestly, some drunks need to be tied up. ... It's probably unlawful imprisonment or some such... but if you make it so that when they're dry enough they can get out (I have little idea as to how...), then... mmm... ?
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Probably a couple quick-release knots or my favorite, a chain of them (like crocheting a chain) and then the end of the rope through the loop. Easy enough to get out of, but it takes a bit of effort and thought.
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

haha! Just one of the many reasons to not go out and get so ****-faced you can't keep your wits about you. :P

Comment

Wow....C sounds like a real shit head to me... (i really am sorry for that. I just had to get the pun out of my system...opps...did it again.)

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                  Easy enough to get out of if you're sober, but it works well on drunks.
                  Oh, zombiequeen, you seem to have made some typos. I fixed them for you .

Comment

Thanks, I thought it looked wrong when I posted it.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                      That's nasty.
                      What does C think he's a lion, scat-marking his territory?
                      I was wondering similar myself.

Of course, I'd hate to be his parents . . . I'd be so mortified upon hearing of that type of behavior I'd probably deny any knowledge of his existence.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ok, sorry this took forever, had to leave town and some assorted craziness prevented a timely update.

The manager sent him a notice listing the community policies violated that just basically asked him nicely not to do that kind of crap -- or allow guests to do that kind of crap -- again. It wasn't the scary legal 10-day legal compliance notice we'd usually issue for stupid property destruction, just the polite Let's-work-together-to-keep-our-neighborhood-a-pleasant-place-to-live letter. R is a pretty nice guy, really, and it turns out that only ONE of the three guys was 86ed from the bar, not all three. (Anyone care to speculate which one?) Patrol Guy told me later that he honestly felt bad for the resident. He paid to replace the window, no biggie, after a profuse and sincere apology to management. He was clearly pretty darned mortified by the whole affair.

Last night PG showed me photos of the, um, artifact left by the friend. The dude seriously had dropped not only his keys but pretty much the ENTIRE contents of his pockets neatly into the center of the pile of mess. The police came and arrested him, held him overnight. First thing the next morning he was released from jail... and was driven straight back to our property to clean up after himself. Then he was promptly served with a written Trespass notice... as if that were really necessary for him not to know that he shouldn't come back. He said nothing and left.

I mean, I've been spectacularly schnockered in my day, but I've never been wasted enough to think it would be a good idea to take a dump and then break and enter in front of the night watchman. Nor can I imagine being in such a state of wastedness. No matter how much I'd drink. Ever.

I only can think of ONE incident of harder-to-comprehend nasty-assed drunken behavior than this. It's not really work related, but I will have to find an excuse to tell THAT story someday...

Comment

Quoth Zoe Hates You View Post
                          , but I will have to find an excuse to tell THAT story someday...
                          We do have a forum called "off topic"

I'm gonna say guy is a douchebag sober and alcohol just intensifies it. I've drank a good amount of alcohol (read: at some points, I probably should have gotten alcohol poisoning) and have never, ever done anything like that. EVER.
                          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                          X