Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's DOCTOR Rabid Baseball Bat... (Old Story)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure if I did something asinine like that, the state board would call it professional misconduct and lift my license. Take a gander at http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/rasearch.htm for some of the things licensed professionals in New York State can be were disciplined for (other than doctors, for some reason; they're disciplined by their own licensing board).

Professional misconduct is defined in Education Law and in the Rules of the Board of Regents. Professional misconduct includes the following:

* Engaging in acts of gross incompetence or gross negligence on a single occasion, or negligence or incompetence on more than one occasion
    * Permitting or aiding an unlicensed person to perform activities requiring a license
    * Refusing a client or patient service because of race, creed, color, or national origin
    * Practicing beyond the scope of the profession
    * Releasing confidential information without authorization
    * Being convicted of a crime
    * Failing to return or provide copies of records on request
    * Being sexually or physically abusive
    * Abandoning or neglecting a patient in need of immediate care
    * Performing unnecessary work or unauthorized services
    * Practicing under the influence of alcohol or other drugs

A range of penalties that includes censure and reprimand, fines (up to $10,000 for each violation), suspensions and/or probationary terms may be imposed on licensees who have committed misconduct. The Board of Regents takes final action on the most serious cases of misconduct. In severe cases of misconduct, the Regents may revoke the professional's license. Information on uncontested determinations in which a licensee has been assessed a fine for committing an infraction of a minor and technical nature are available by phone: 518-474-3817, fax: 518-474-1449 or e-mail: op4info@mail.nysed.gov, or by writing to the Office of the Professions.

Comment

Didn't even beat the record.

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Comment

While I have no doubt a six-figure income will have a hard time maintaining such a materialistic lifestyle, this doctor strikes me as just another person with an overrated sense of entitlement. "Other people are getting free insurance, why can't I? Other people own multiple homes and cars, why can't I?" He assumes that if someone else has a benefit, he should have the same. By that argument, "Angelina Jolie has Brad Pitt, why can't I?"
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
          And then eventually they ended up getting rid of the security guard altogether, deciding we didn't need one. Yeah, smart decision. NOT.)
          They had a security guard for YEARS in the downtown DaddyJim's in my area. Eventually, they canned him (despite no good financial reason to do so -- they just used $$ as an excuse -- this is one of the most profitable locations on the planet)....So, naturally, they got knocked over in the next week. Twice. IIRC, one or both were inside jobs.

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Who the hell needs FOUR luxury cars when there are only TWO drivers in the family?!
          Well, if we assume that one of the first two cars is white, then that mandates a third right there -- one wouldn't be caught dead driving it after Labor Day...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            While I have no doubt a six-figure income will have a hard time maintaining such a materialistic lifestyle, this doctor strikes me as just another person with an overrated sense of entitlement. "Other people are getting free insurance, why can't I? Other people own multiple homes and cars, why can't I?" He assumes that if someone else has a benefit, he should have the same. By that argument, "Angelina Jolie has Brad Pitt, why can't I?"
            This insurance wasn't free... it was $5/month... no matter how many children you had enrolled (1 or 11, it was still a flat $5) with the idea that some people don't want "free" insurance because they consider it to be welfare and don't want to be on welfare.

Basically there are two levels of insurance. The general medicaid-for-kids, which is free, and then the one I did eligibility for, which is for people who make too much money to qualify for medicaid but still fit within our income guidelines... 0-150% of the federal poverty level was the medicaid version and 150-200% was our version. Which means for a family of 3 (mom, dad & kid) they had to make between $1877-$2315 to qualify for our program in 2002. Under $1877, they qualified for the medicaid version. Over $2315, they didn't qualify for either.

I don't know how many people would fall into the lower income bracket and get angry with me because they didn't want their kids on "welfare" - Ummm.... sorry, what do you think our program is? Paying us $5 month barely covers the cost of postage to send you all the materials, let alone actually cover the cost of BCBS for your kid(s). Both programs are state & federally funded. One costs $0. One costs $5.
            "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

to my understanding, assault is the intent/threat and battery is the action/contact; definitely premeditated and stupid. how this genius made it through med school is beyond me.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That reminds me of a story in the UK. A Pharmacist is up in front of the National Committee for misconduct and decides that bringing an iron bar (and using it) to his hearing will improve his chances considerably. It still took nearly two years to get him struck off

(Some details in the summaries here, everything else is subscription only)
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  By that argument, "Angelina Jolie has Brad Pitt, why can't I?"
                  I'd rather have Angelina
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                  X