This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong!

I'm cleaning the Uscan registers today, and a guy of unknown descent comes up to me as I am standing back up from being bent over.
    H: "Scan these!"
    J: "This s Uscan, sir."
    H: "Scan these!" and he shoves two Monster Energy drinks at me.
    Bleh, I'm so not having this... so I scan them for him, and get him to give me his rewards card, and then hit pay now for him, and leave him to finish it out... only to look over and realize he's staring at me now...
    J: "Yes...?"
    H: "Why didn't I get a receipt?"
    I toddle over, and realize he's staring at the payment options screen.
    J: "You haven't paid yet..."
    H: "I have $25 in rewards dollars from the pharmacy, I pay with that!"
    J: "If it didn't come up when I hit the Pay button, it's not going to..."
    H: "I use my rewards money!"
    J: " I seriously don't have a way to override it if the system didn't bring it up automatically." *shrug*
    He takes the hint and pays, finally... and I finish cleaning.

A story from a few nights ago...
    I answer the phone for the service desk after it closes, and I get a gentleman... *snerk* who starts asking me why his coupons didn't triple...
    J: "couldn't tell you for certain, sir... the system automatically does that for us, if it didn't do it, you weren't entitled to it..."
    H: "What are the guidelines for the coupons tripling?"
    J: "Again, the system does it, so, I don't really know."
    H: *say it with me now* "Then get me someone who DOES know!"
    Fine, I put him on hold and call the closing manager to take the call, but he never did, because it was way too busy that night to be answering stupid questions, and he came over later to get the gist of the caller's question, so I told him, and he said, "The system figures it out automatically."
    J: "That's what I said."
    "Well, you were right."
    J: "Sweet..."
    "I call murder on that!"

Ripley was right. I. Q.'s did drop sharply while she was away.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ripley...?
      *has to stop and think about it for a moment, due to hir brother constantly calling Ridley from Metroid Other M Ripley in hir presence* You're actually talking about Sogourney Weaver's Ripley? Or the Believe it or not Ripley? Is that Ripley female...?
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Sigourney Weaver's Ripley. The line I used was from "Aliens", when she questioned the intelligence of the money-grubbing, can't see the truth because they're blinded by money, corporate suits discussing the destruction of the ship and crew from "Alien."
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X