This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth government_drone View Post
    Why the hell would anyone want a lobster for a pet?! That is so weird.
    My son wanted one, at least he wanted to pet the ones in the tank at the supermarket.

Then again, he was only 3 years old at the time.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

The one question burning in my mind about that second story is this one: if they wanted a live lobster for a pet (which I'm pretty sure is against whatever laws are in place locally for you), why didn't they just go to a supermarket and buy one?

And welcome to the boards. Don't worry about your grammar here; we make it a point to hunt down and execute any grammar cops on this site. The last one was especially funny; his last words were 'I before E except after eeeeeeek!!!'

(Kidding about that last part.)
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Motivation

This sounds a lot like the joke about there being a sea-food restaurant inside Sea World.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
          Buying a lobster PET? That just sounds fishy to me. I think I sea what he did there...

Even I can see why you can't sell live lobsters though, they really need to just get it through their heads that its a claws in their contract. -.-

Welcome to Customers Suck as well, you'll have a shell of a time here.
          I think they were being rather shellfish demanding a pet lobster. After all those "no"s you'd think they'd clam up for a while, but they were being obtuse on porpoise. It's enough to give anyone a migraine haddock.

OK, I'll stop the crappie puns now...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvkpOCMo7hc

Comment

Pinchy Nooooo!
              *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                Have people not heard of grocery stores?

to
                exactly. some grocery stores sell live lobbys

Comment

First, Welcome to CS!

I used to work at a pizza joint, and we would occasionally get people asking us for either uncooked pizzas or just plain raw dough patties. It usually took a few rounds of "I'm sorry, but that would get ME fired and possibly get the STORE shut down by the Board of Health." .... If only PoTC had been out at that time; I could have used that wonderful line: "I decline to acquiesce to your request. Means NO"
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    My son wanted one, at least he wanted to pet the ones in the tank at the supermarket.

Then again, he was only 3 years old at the time.
                    That reminds me... I wanted a horse when I was 3 or 4.
                    A small one would have been fine, really!
                    It would have been living on the balkony, we were living on the 3rd (4th) floor: "But of course it can climb the stairs!" <insert proper indignation here>
                    I would have picked grass in the near by park, so... I had it all figured out! Stooopid grown-ups!

I didn't get one.
                    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

see, i can understand the whole raw pizza dough thing. Mainly bc a lot of food cookign tv shows actually advice you to go to said pizza stores and ask them if they can sell you pizza dough to work with at home. I know a lot of places around here will, but we have home grown pizza places.

I recently moved to Maryland after getting married, but before *and this is where the RL stories comes from * is WV. We are land locked, but we have the Ohio river and other said rivers surrounding the state. So we do have a lot of Crawfish in the area, and they look a mighty bit like a lobster. So in the area, it's not that odd to have a want for said pet.

Now, they could have gone to Walmart, and that's where i suggested to the older couple to go. BUt i know for a fact, their lobsters SUCK in comparison to ours. So i do not blame them for trying, i mean, as they say, the worst they could say is no (and apparently they wanted to hear it more than once)

And as for the stupid idiot who called for a pet, i pretty much knew it was a scam/joke however, there is the slightest possibility that a higher ranking official form the Darden restaurant company could call us and make sure we answer the phone correctly and also deal with customers in a proper manner. Darden is a fortune 500 company, and they own not only RL but Olive Garden, Long Horn Stake house, bahama breeze, and Seasons 57. So we don't question them on how we do things, since it's a very GOOD company, and might i add,they treat their employees like we were royalty as well.

So while i wanted to really tell the dickwad off, i felt it better to be professional. No point losing my job if it were a higher official, or worse, they complain to the higher officials and get the entire store along with me in trouble
                      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

rofl. You phone calls sound like the ones I get all the time. Just substitute my company name for yours. Its amazing how many people don't listen to the greeting you say when you answer the phone.

Comment

I suggest that you change the name of the place you work a little so it cant be found on a search engine but we will all know what it is...

You never know who is looking around the web for something to stir up crap wth... You said you love the job, wouldnt want someone just looking for trouble to find one little thing they hate about your post and you get in trouble...

Comment

I actually bought a live lobster in the airport in Halifax (it was put in a box,got to take it on the plane with me and everything!). When I got it home, I naturally introduced it to my cat to see what her reaction would be (completely expecting her to freak out a little ). I was of course holding it so she wouldn't get a chance to kill my dinner before I did.

Her reaction?

To sniff at it curiously and then try to eat it

Like mother, like daughter

Comment

Working...
                            X