Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job on getting her tags CTR, one less psycho away from civilization. I have to wear reflective vests as my job is a parking lot dealing with VIP traffic directing employee. However, the most amusing and scary thing is those things can be useless in a heavy snowstorm. I mean heavy as in I can't see 2 feet in front of me and my VIP lot sign is being blown away to the point of no return.

On a sidenote, I've dealt with more druggies and drunks than I can remember. The best nights for druggies happened to be a hippie festival that I worked, I had never seen that many drugs in one place in my life things ranging from weed to LSD. A reggae festival though I swear I thought I was in Jamaica. The smell of weed was so strong that it made some of my coworkers very sick and we were outside at the time. I have yet to deal with a methhead and I want it to be that way. However, I would rather deal with a pothead than a drunk as drunks tend to be tapped into their more base instincts.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 01-15-2007, 05:25 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I used to wrangle the carts at Target some years back. At the time, we didn't wear reflective vests nor did we have the neat motorized cart things (I don't know what they're called). Nearly been run over more times than I care to count. Also nearly been squashed by a line of carts when a friend and I set a store record for # of carts in a line(not sure how many, more than 70 I think)

Never had to deal with druggies, though.

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
        I used to wrangle the carts at Target some years back. At the time, we didn't wear reflective vests nor did we have the neat motorized cart things (I don't know what they're called). Nearly been run over more times than I care to count.
        The motorized cart thing is called the QuicKart2000.

My store used to not enforce the reflective vests, then eventually they started. I'd not had a single close call in the pre-vest era, then the first day I wore one I was nearly run over seven times in one evening. Makes you a visible target I guess.
        "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
        "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
        My MySpace
        My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Anyone else think that that woman and her daughter would go out deer hunting wearing white? Anyone?? :crickets chirping:
          How about deerskin jackets?
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
            I used to wrangle the carts at Target some years back. At the time, we didn't wear reflective vests nor did we have the neat motorized cart things (I don't know what they're called). Nearly been run over more times than I care to count. Also nearly been squashed by a line of carts when a friend and I set a store record for # of carts in a line(not sure how many, more than 70 I think)

Never had to deal with druggies, though.
            [old man voice]
            Back in my day we didn't have these motorized cart pushers, we did it by HAND! Uphill! (true, our parking lot was on a hill, let go of a cart at the store entrance and there was a 95% chance it would jump the curb at the bottom and go into the 3 lane street, though I never tried.) Best I ever did was 30 carts with someone trying to be funny riding on the first cart! As the line of carts entered the store, the first few seperated from the rest, and he did not see this. He felt it though when the second cart in line came off, causing the flap on the first to drop into the basket, which meant that he dropped in with it! The cart then proceeded to roll towards an register, hitting it. So there's me pushing the rest of the carts in, him stuck in one by the registers! I was laughing for a good 10 minutes, while he was trying to wiggle himself out.
            [/old man voice]

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Meth heads are too gamey. They're not even good for sausage meat.
              "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Beats that tacky, disgusting orange, though.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X