This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication Frustrations

I've been communicating with a new client via email and oh my ..... I have to deal with them only when I have time to go jog afterwords because otherwise all my anger and frustration causes me to punch the wall and I don't want any holes in it.

Client asks me at the start to communicate only via email, then gives me their work number as well 'just in case.' Email exchange goes fine until I send an email asking for clarification on something and get back an error saying that their inbox is full. So, I wait until the next morning, try emailing them again to see if they've taken care of it, same error message. I finally called and left a voicemail just giving them a heads up, since there was no way to get the work done on time (or to even get it to them!) if their email was down.

Three days later, I get an angry phone call about why their work hasn't been sent yet. I let them know that it was bouncing, the client promptly goes into a rage.

"Why haven't you contacted me?! You have my phone number, this is irresponsible, you have no professionalism bitch bitch moan~"

So I told him, politely, that I'd left him a voicemail as well.

He promptly exploded; I swear I could hear the veins in his neck bursting over the phone as he screamed about how he'd asked me not to call him.

I'm the unprofessional one?

Ah yes the "You have done what I told you to, but I am going to yell at you anyhow." bit. You were given a number to contact him in an emergency, you did so (due to email failure). How did he want you to contact him...telepathy???!
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      How did he want you to contact him...telepathy???!
      Smoke signals are the preferred method these days.
      Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
        Smoke signals are the preferred method these days.
        Could be worse. Could be Morse Code.
        Poor Taboo. *Hugs*

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
          Could be worse. Could be Morse Code.
          Poor Taboo. *Hugs*
          .-- .... .- - -.. --- -.-- --- ..- .... .- ...- . .- --. .- .. -. ... - -- --- .-. ... . ?

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
            Time to fire that customer, methinks!
            If I wasn't *so* close to the end of this job (two weeks left tops, less if they get back to me quickly)...

...but I will never let them hire me again. No way.

Comment

maybe he was expecting morse code, or a messenger relaying the info by interpretive dance?
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                maybe he was expecting morse code, or a messenger relaying the info by interpretive dance?
                Or an interpretive dancing, morse code cooing, messenger pigeon?

Not demanding at all, is he?

C.
                Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

"You didn't do what I asked you to do!"
                  "How dare you do what I asked you to do!"

Talk about a no-win situation. What an idiot.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X