This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't follow even pictures.

Yes. I know SC's don't read signs. We have picture directions up for the waffle maker. DarlinAngel left me a message to leave the spray out, and I can't figure out why people are NOW having issues with the wafflemaker, until I watched how they worked it.

Friends
    My friend and her Army reserve hubby were in my hotel (Whiskey heard them. LOL) They made waffles by listening when I said no really, don't fill your cup all the way.
    No problems. Between them and the 2 friends with them, they made about 10 waffles, and NONE stuck, because it all stayed in the griddle. That's where the spray is!

Old Grumpy man
    Okay, this guy didn't really help his case much. He came down looked at the waffle maker and asked, "Where's your damn spray?" Good morning to you too. How was your night? Oh woke up on the wrong side of the bed?
    I explained he shouldn't have to use the spray nicely. He OVERFILLED the wafflemaker, which means those drops that fell down the sides of the maker, are why your waffle is sticking. There's no spray on the outside of the maker, cause you aren't supposed to coat the whole thing!
    So he swears at me cause I "Obviously have never used it." Dude.. do you want me to let you have the spray or would you rather I ignore you? Leaning that way so far.. I give him the spray, and then he realizes we're out of butter, and somehow that's my fault too.

Dude, I work 2 days a week. People eat ALL week. We were full MOST of the week. so yes, running out of food is a possibility.

Map issues.
    I usually print folks directions when they ask for them, cause most people don't do directions like I do. I follow landmarks. Most folks want streets. So I'll print directions, point them in the direction they need to be, and I give them the little online map that prints, and HIGHLIGHT the route.

I printed a guy out directions to the haunted tours office he wanted (I've never been there), and I highlight the route. I realize the way he's going, and he'll have to pass, so I tell him the landmarks he SHOULD pass on his way and point out the route on the map and how to get out of the parking lot (Don't ask, it's set up funny), so he can be on his way.

"When you leave our parking lot, go right towards the mall you passed on the way in okay?"

"Okay, but where afterwards?" So I point out the instructions (landmarks written next to each line), and the map. "Follow this sir. The route is the shortest and simplest to get you there. What I wrote down is landmarks you'll pass on your way. Okay?"

"What's this blue line?"

"The route.."

"This picture? what is it?"

"A map."

Old enough to be my dad, not from this state and he told me no, he had no gps. I'm semi-curious how he got here, if he didn't use a map or directions and no gps..

I am horrible at making waffles. It doesn't help that my waffle iron is a little tiny thing, that my cousin probably thought was cute. However, while I know that I don't want to cover the entire thing in batter I can never figure out how much to put in, and this will be after making an entire batch of waffles. So some of us know better, we just can't do better.

Comment

True. But it still sucks LOL

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
        True. But it still sucks LOL
        No no, it's frustrating, but it only sucks if you blame someone else (like the poor hotel worker) for your inability to use the tool properly.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          No no, it's frustrating, but it only sucks if you blame someone else (like the poor hotel worker) for your inability to use the tool properly.
          Which happens. Alot. "Well you don't know what you're doing.." Right..

Comment

Old Grumpy Man: This guy is a dick. Next time he's at your hotel put him on Skype so I can have a few choice words with him. No one treats Superhotworker that way.

Map Guy: Ow ow ow! This makes me weep. This guy is even worse than the guest who asked me to show him north on the map, and then after that, show him east.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I usually print folks directions when they ask for them, cause most people don't do directions like I do. I follow landmarks. Most folks want streets.
              There was some study somewhere that found that women generally use landmarks over street names and men generally use street names over landmarks.

I'm a completionist; I use both depending on which is more likely to get the person to the place they want to be. So far, I've only once ever had someone not be able to reach my workplace after getting directions from me, and in that case it was because I told them to turn right at a place where they needed to turn left, but it wasn't too terrible, because there is no right turn at that intersection.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              This guy is even worse than the guest who asked me to show him north on the map, and then after that, show him east.
              *sob*

... that hurts my brain... >_<

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I wouldn't want to use the waffle maker because I've never done it before and I would be scared of breaking it. Bu tin that case, I'd probably, in a very shy and roundabout way, ask the hotel worker for help. Not yell at them and call them an idiot or what have you.

I like having the streets AND landmarks...kind of helps keep me on track better that way.
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Past hotel worker:

Luckily we had a breakfast person so I didn't have to deal with the waffle maker (it was my mom lulz) but I heard the same thing. Eventually my mother then decided to ration the waffles by handing people cups filled with the precise amount so they wouldn't complain.

Now as a towingdispatcher/cashier/attendant/etcetc

I get people in asking for directions all the time. I have to REPEAT at least 3 times what I've already told them because they refused to listen or read what I wrote down. Sometimes if I'm feeling jolly, I'll print up some map.google.com directions for them. (Not a big fan of Mapquest)

Comment

Yes. I know SC's don't read signs. We have picture directions up for the waffle maker. DarlinAngel left me a message to leave the spray out, and I can't figure out why people are NOW having issues with the wafflemaker, until I watched how they worked it.
                    Those wafflemakers are so easy to use! I used one around Christmas time visiting then then-bf's family.... not enough room in the house, so parent's put us up in a hotel.

I looked at the wafflemaker, looked at the instructions, filled my cup up about 1/2-3/4 full, and slowly poured the batter in, filling the little squares. When the little squares were full, I stopped pouring. Closed the wafflemaker, flipped it when it beeped at me, opened it when it beeped again, and used the spatula to loosen my waffle from the top (no spray, but didn't really stick much) onto my plate. Add butter & syrup, and into my tummy it went!

Easy.

My then-bf though, he couldn't figure it out. Overfilled it and ended up with spikes on his waffle. Went to loosen the waffle and didn't have the plate close enough, and waffle bounced off counter and fell onto floor. I had to make his waffles for him, and mine was cold by the time I was done babysitting him. So I made myself another perfect easy waffle. :P

Speaking of exes, stupid ex just sent me a text saying that "we the people" was a joke. Unfortunately, I know him too well, and know that it wasn't. The boy thinks that his opinion is the end-all and doesn't understand that other people don't always agree. SO glad he decided that he didn't want a relationship... I would have killed him eventually anyway!
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

I suggest I. H. O. P. or Denny's if one wants a perfect waffle.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                        I am horrible at making waffles. It doesn't help that my waffle iron is a little tiny thing, that my cousin probably thought was cute. However, while I know that I don't want to cover the entire thing in batter I can never figure out how much to put in, and this will be after making an entire batch of waffles. So some of us know better, we just can't do better.
                        Magpie: you probably already own a measuring cup, of the sort that has amounts marked up the side and a pouring spout. If not, get one - the little plastic ones are cheap.

Make waffles using the cup to measure how much batter to pour in, starting with what you think is too little, and increasing the amount gradually. When you get to 'too much', back off a little.

Test waffles at the slightly-backed off amount, then remember how much that is.

Buy yourself a ladle with exactly that capacity. In future, that's your waffle ladle. Perfect waffles every time.

SuperHotelWorker:

Buy a ladle or cup of the correct capacity for the wafflemaker. Set that where the customers can use it, and take away any other waffle-batter-holding stuff. No more overfilled wafflemaker.

(Better buy two)
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

LOL It comes out of a large plastic container, but now I think, I'm gonna start MARKING the cups (Cause.. I usually have breakfast done early.) LOL

Comment

I don't know why I never thought of the measuring cup. Seshat, you're a genius. (Defined: can see the incredibly obvious easy solution that everyone else misses). When we get a real wafflemaker (this one is getting replaced, gift be damned) I'm going to do that. I've tried to calibrate it based on the ladles, but because it needs more than one ladle-full it's a problem.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              Old Grumpy Man: This guy is a dick. Next time he's at your hotel put him on Skype so I can have a few choice words with him. No one treats Superhotworker that way.

Map Guy: Ow ow ow! This makes me weep. This guy is even worse than the guest who asked me to show him north on the map, and then after that, show him east.
                              North is the top of the map and east is to the right. I wonder if this guy had shoes that have an L and R on the toes?

I love maps. I used to have a nice little collection of maps from my National Geographics. I used to love the issues where they would throw a map in because their maps are generally pretty nice. My camera bag has a nice little collection of maps as well and even though I have a GPS, I find it's still easier to pull out the paper to look for stuff especially if I don't have the foggiest idea of where I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X