This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk your job so I don't get bored!

Definately considering changing my name to parentsruinmylife or studentsruinmylife.

I am not your slave

I was working on the front desk of the school while the evening classes were running. A man knocks on the door, and I buzz him in.

M: I am here for *evening class*.
    Me: Oh, you are a bit early. That class doesn't start for an hour.
    M: *gasps* An hour????
    Me: Yes...

I pull out my timetable.

Me: ...I have that class starting at 6:30.
    M: But I thought it was 5:30.
    Me: I am sorry about that.
    M: What am I supposed to do?
    Me: Well, you could wait here, but apart from that, I don't know.
    M: Go get me a book to read.

I stuttered a little bit. I was shocked that he came out with that.

Me: I don't have any books.
    M: Don't you have a library in this school?
    Me: Yes, but it is closed and locked up.
    M: Well, make me a cup of tea!
    Me: *through my teeth* I don't have tea.

I very discretely hid my mug of coffee under the desk.

M: Well, how about a guided tour then? I've always wondered what it is like in here.
    Me: I have work to do. I am not just sat here waiting for someone to come to the door. I am the only member of staff here at the moment, and I can't leave my post to give tours.
    M: Fine. *sighs* I guess I will just have to wander the streets for an hour then.

He walked out.

I don't mind losing my job, really!

The 6:30 class started, and a different man came up to the desk.

DM: I have just dropped my wife off for the evening class, and, well, it's a bit pointless me going home again only to have to come back, so I was wondering, can I have access to a computer? You know, so I can go on the Internet or something.
    Me: I'm afraid not. To get on to any computer here, you need to have a username and password. Only students and staff can access the computers.
    DM: Oh...OK.

I thought that was the end of it, so I returned to my work.

DM: Well, how about you use YOUR username and password, log on to a computer, and then I can just use that! No one will know!
    Me: Absolutely not.
    DM: Whhhhhyyyyy?
    Me: I am not giving my logon details to a stranger. There is far too much sensitive information in my account. I would CERTAINLY lose my job if I were to give my details out.
    DM: I'm not telling you to give me the details. You can log me on yourself. No one will know!
    Me: The cameras there, there, there and there will.
    DM: So I can't get on a computer?
    Me: No.
    DM: Not even to use the internet?
    Me: No.
    DM: Fine. I will make the pointless drive back home then.

He left.

Seriously? He expected me to let a complete stranger use my account? My account contains so much sensitive data, that if any of it got out, I would probably be arrested! Never mind lose my job!

I'm sure the drive is not the only pointless thing he has going for him.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      1. M: Go get me a book to read.

2. M: Well, make me a cup of tea!

3. M: Well, how about a guided tour then? I've always wondered what it is like in here.
      1. $25.00 CIA (cash in advance)
      2. $5.00 for the tea and $25.00 for me to make the tea and loan you a cup. Also requires a $50.00 cup deposit. CIA
      3. $125.00 per 15 minutes of the tour, 45 minute minimum, non-refundable. CIA

Comment

And now you know why waiting rooms have magazines.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I do not understand these people. I always have at least one, and usually 2-3, books in my bag, plus another 3 or so in the car, along with a stack of crosswords. Bored? Me? Never!

Comment

Seriously? He expected me to let a complete stranger use my account? My account contains so much sensitive data, that if any of it got out, I would probably be arrested! Never mind lose my job!
            Not to mention if the guy decided to access certain websites. If said websites are accessed on your account, you'd get in a shit ton of trouble.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

For me the iPhone is just the greatest invention ever. I never get bored. Anytime I have to wait, I just surf the web (unlimited data plan is the bomb). AT&T isn't making any money off me, not with my surfing habits
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth NiennasMaid View Post
                I do not understand these people. I always have at least one, and usually 2-3, books in my bag, plus another 3 or so in the car, along with a stack of crosswords. Bored? Me? Never!
                Same. I *never* leave the house without at least one book to read and, if my backpack is with me, my book of Sudoku puzzles. That way, whether it's a case of me being stuck at school for an extra half hour waiting to be picked up, running errands with my mom turning into a 3-hour tour, or having to sit in the waiting room at the doctor's office, I always have something to do. Worse still is not having my MP3 player or having it, not being able to listen to it, and being forced to endure a situation of no background noise. Lack of something to focus my mind on results in me being near-uncontrollably twitchy and fidgety.

In the case of 'running errands turns into a huge production' and I somehow have forgotten to take a book with me, I will go into whatever store that has books is nearby (be it an actual bookstore or the book section at WallyWorld) and browse. I dunno if that speaks to a deeper psychological issue about me, but me - book= sad kitty.
                Last edited by firecat88; 09-29-2010, 02:18 PM.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

DM: I'm not telling you to give me the details. You can log me on yourself. No one will know!
                  Clearly he has no clue how a secured and monitored network works.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Definately considering changing my name to parentsruinmylife or studentsruinmylife.
                    Just go with peopleruinmylife and you'll be set, no matter the vocation.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Seriously....CRML.

That first story pissed me off and I wasnt even in the same country as you. Lol.

Id support that name change.

I ditto Teskeria's idea...

But seriously, why do these people figure youre there for their amusement?

Comment

Working...
                      X