Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of the police officer who arrested the teenaged cashier at a fast-food drive through because he thought she shorted him. This was after her manager confirmed her drawer was correct and checked the camera. Oh, and after the officer pepper sprayed her

He later admitted he HAD gotten the correct change back...
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I bet you'll all love the system used in Norway in most supermarkets. All cash is counted automatically, coins in a coin slot, cashier puts notes into the correct slot in another machine. I assume this machine will check if the note put in a slot is the correct size, etc. The machine counts out the chance and the correct notes and/or coins come back out of the respective machines. Try scamming that.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Reminds me of the police officer who arrested the teenaged cashier at a fast-food drive through because he thought she shorted him. This was after her manager confirmed her drawer was correct and checked the camera. Oh, and after the officer pepper sprayed her

He later admitted he HAD gotten the correct change back...
        I remember that. It happened around here. He ended up getting fired, but not before they turned it into a race thing. Just one of the many reasons why I really don't like working with other people's money.

Comment

Quoth Festival_Worker View Post
          I bet you'll all love the system used in Norway in most supermarkets. All cash is counted automatically, coins in a coin slot, cashier puts notes into the correct slot in another machine. I assume this machine will check if the note put in a slot is the correct size, etc. The machine counts out the chance and the correct notes and/or coins come back out of the respective machines. Try scamming that.
          Well in America all our bills are the same size and relatively the same color which some are changing because of anti counter-fitting but not to the extent of other countries as for the most part it is green with some yellowish.
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

This is why we have to count out the money in front of the customer and tell them how much they've given us before taking it out of their sight, and then tell them how much change we've given them. That way, they can't legitimately say we gave them the wrong change.

ETA: when I was about 11 I was at a fete and bought something for £1.50 but accidentally gave the woman £2 and she didn't give me any change. I didn't realise until I'd walked away from the stall (about ten seconds after paying) that I'd given her too much. When I told her this she just said, "no, you gave me £1.50" and wouldn't give me my change. I told my mum who, being Irish and feisty, marched over and asked her for my change. After arguing about it for a bit the woman said, "it's only 50p" as though I should just forget it because it wasn't much money, and my mum replied, "it's more to her." and gave the woman her famous death-stare. I got my change I love my mum.
            Last edited by Lingerie_Lackey; 09-30-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
              If I ever work a retail job with a cash drawer again, I'm going to put the customer's money on top of the other cash until after they leave. Seems like it works in shooting down these scammers.
              i don't put the customers money in the slots in the tray until they have their change, it lays in site of the customer on the drawer so that i can't be accused of stealing

Comment

Working...
              X