This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    Thousand yard stare is effective at combating that shit. You can practically see my eyes glaze over at this point.
    On the opposite end, you can do a pointed stare.

Rather than glazing over and ignoring them, pay attention to them and look at them very intently, but focus on the center of their forehead.

People tend to get creeped out if you do that to them.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      On the opposite end, you can do a pointed stare.

Rather than glazing over and ignoring them, pay attention to them and look at them very intently, but focus on the center of their forehead.

People tend to get creeped out if you do that to them.

^-.-^
      Especially if, while you're staring at their forehead, you're imagining killing them with mind bullets. With ludicrous gibs and all.

Them: "Blah blah blah I'm an entitlement whore and I'm trying to scam free stuff and you'd better give it to me or I'll complain to your manager 'cos I'm good friends with them and yadda yadda yadda..."
      Me: *concentrate, and ker-SPLOTCH*
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've got an update....
        Tonight I was closing the concession stand, and the old HR manager talked to me about what had happened. Not a sit down lecture or anything, it only took a few minutes. He was the manager there that I was most afraid of writing me up because he knows I've been in a bit of trouble before. But he really shocked me when he said that he had read the letter she sent to Corporate and laughed at it.
        That feels very good to have him on my side for once.
        So now it is official, everyone at our theatre thinks she is a bitch, a scam artist, cheap, and well, when I can think of some more insults I'll let you guys know. Everyone it seems, Corporate included, is on my side in this matter. The only question is, will I see the bitch again? Probably, and I bet that she'll come up to my line again to see if she can get me riled again. But she ain't getting a fucking thing out of me this time that even borders rudeness or sarcasm.
        On a side note, to anyone who thinks I'm fuming and raging mad, no I am not. I was for the first day or so. Then when I knew management had my back, I laughed it off. But this doesn't mean I wouldn't tell her off if I had the chance and only if I knew I would not get into trouble. However, what's done is done, and I'm going to leave it at that. I know it'll come back on me if I try something this stupid.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
          The only question is, will I see the bitch again? Probably, and I bet that she'll come up to my line again to see if she can get me riled again. But she ain't getting a fucking thing out of me this time that even borders rudeness or sarcasm.
          If she does try to get another rise out of you, you can always tell her - with a smile - that you appreciated her writing to corporate to let them know how you were upholding company policies and not giving away things like J did as that is tantamount to theft in corporate's eyes. Then you could add that your manager tore right through the letter after showing it to you and you were given the opportunity to decide where to stick it. Then you can ask with a big, toothy, you-know-what-eating grin what you can do for her today.

I'm glad this turned out well for you!
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I'm glad to hear management backed you up on this, so many stories here go the other way...

Pity the scammer wasn't banned, that should have been considered after her letter failed the laugh test.

Good luck in avoiding this bitch in the future!

Comment

Now there has to be a way to make TB happy. What can we do? Hmmm... I have it. Do you ever have left over popcorn that eventually gets tossed in the trash? Instead of tossing it, keep it around, and give TB some of it when she asks for free popcorn.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Now there has to be a way to make TB happy. What can we do? Hmmm... I have it. Do you ever have left over popcorn that eventually gets tossed in the trash? Instead of tossing it, keep it around, and give TB some of it when she asks for free popcorn.
                If she gets sick from it, that could lead to a lawsuit. If she doesn't get sick from it, she'll think she succeeded in her scam and try it again. Better to not try it.

I'm glad that both management and Corporate are on your side, BK. Wish that they'd have banned that idiot as well!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                X