This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher makes picture day even harder

Mishi recommended I copy from my facebook status from today.

Dear Teacher, You aren't as cool as you think you are, going off on me when I ask your name isn't making you any better, I don't know who you are and quite frankly I don't want to. Please stop encouraging the kids tell us the wrong names and act like idiots. Go get a life and get the hell away from my line already.

Now for the explanation and resolution.
    The teacher this is directed told the seniors walking in for their ID pictures about hilarious things the previous classes had done, then encouraged them to do the same. Except those things he was telling them, like telling us that they are their friend, or sibling. Could cause us to loose the contract with the school, or waste hundreds of dollars. Even after explaining it to him, and several kids that I could possibly lose my job he still kept it up. We aren't sure how many kid's slipped past when they gave us the wrong name, we will find out, after the school sends back the IDs with the list of issues...Great. He also got angry when I asked him for his name when he came up to get his ID photo taken, apparently him distracting students while I tried to get info from them and them saying his name should mean I should know it. I really wanted to say. Listen buddy, I had my mind on something else at the time, I can't hang off your every word, so tell me your name already so I can get you as far away from me as possible. BTW that photographer I'm about to send you to, he is my boss and he is not pleased at all and has a few things to say to you. Have fun with him.

It took us forever and a long talk with the school's principal but we finally got to the point where we didn't have to worry about every single senior in the school trying to make faces, or do something stupid during their picture. Some still did it, the weak threats from the principal didn't change a lot of kid's minds. We left the school telling them we aren't photographing the senior class next year for IDs since it was a huge problem and next time we need an administrator present during the day to keep kids in line.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Huzzah! Three cheers to the tosser is that directly influencing that wonderful seniors class. I hope he has as much 'fun' with customer service, government departments and automated call menus as you had with him today!
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

nice way to act and show responsibility, damn educator wanna be.

he needed more than a talking to, a formal reprimand and a mark on his record for being disruptive, unprofessional and generally stupid.

i hope your boss tore this fuckstick a whole new orifice.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That's disgusting. Bad enough to do that sort of thing, but he is there as a role model for these kids. He's teaching them that being a jerk is perfectly acceptable to do.

Comment

The school didn't talk to him, at least not while we were there. Which is when he needed the talking to.
          My boss on the other hand explained quite clearly that if he continued the way he did we would pack up and leave. If we packed up and left it would be be on his head since we would explain that he was one of the causes. When the teacher tried to argue that we wouldn't, my boss said we would, and we knew who he was since he had a picture of him along with his name. Besides how many teachers with gray hair in a pony tail did the school have? Before leaving he was also reminded that the sales girls would be spoken to politely and if my boss heard one word from us about any rudeness on the teacher's part or that of his students there would be trouble.

It's amazing to finally have a boss stick up for me!
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Woootz! I like your boss.

I hope that the school will be paying for the messed up IDs due to the idjit teacher.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
              Besides how many teachers with gray hair in a pony tail did the school have?
              When I read your post I thought "young teacher, trying to be popular and not having learned sense yet."

Now I'm thinking "old hippie, only thing he got out of the 'peace & love' movement was 'refuse to follow rules'."

Jerk.

Congrats on the awesome boss!!
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Not sure how it will work out on the wasted Ids, it's likely they will be paying for them.
                My company doesn't like to waste things like our product and our time. They have no problem laying down the law and saying it won't happen again.

The teacher was trying to be the favorite teacher. He didn't seem thrilled that I was terribly unimpressed with him. I don't think he understands, to be a teacher that becomes a favorite he has to be a good teacher. Not the jerk who thinks he is hilarious. He was rather rude to the kids who didn't think his ideas were that great or had stopped to joke with him. I'm sure he isn't the school favorite like he thinks he is.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
                  ... we finally got to the point where we didn't have to worry about every single senior in the school trying to make faces, or do something stupid during their picture. ...
                  Maybe you can adopt the policy of the driver's license office. You get one photo shot for your ID, and you have to live with it until it gets renewed. Do overs are not allowed.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Maybe you can adopt the policy of the driver's license office. You get one photo shot for your ID, and you have to live with it until it gets renewed. Do overs are not allowed.
                    Wish we could, the thing is the kids don't want them anyway and they only have to live with them for a couple months. By the time the novelty of having one with them being silly on it wears off and the regret (maybe) kicks in, they don't have to wear it anymore. Also we have no authority over the kids, if the teachers don't back us up we can't get much work done. Of course I'm the favorite sales girl, I force teachers to keep kids in line.

Most schools now are being told we will make new Ids for you, but with last year's photo on it. It's not worth the wasted time and the stress so unless the kid has changed a great deal. We don't take their picture again other then their senior session during the summer.

Comment

And that, kids, is how to be a complete that will never actually be taken seriously.

Hopefully that's the lesson learned, I can dream, right?
                      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

sounds like he was trying to be "cool" and impress the kids ... by acting line one of them.

only thing i can surmise is that he saw the best teachers are the most popular... and he assumed the popularity is what made them good, and aimed for that instead of aiming to be a good teacher

Comment

Working...
                        X