Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just do not know what to think anymore (a little long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just do not know what to think anymore (a little long)

has a situation last night that went like this. this is a little SC and a little MIM

had two timed carry out orders. a timed order means we take the order at one time and the customer wants to pick it up at a much later time.

both orders were placed around 10:30 - 11pm (as I did not take these orders I really do not know the exact time frame) one was for pickup at midnight and the other was or 12:30am.

the 12:30am order was a no-show but the other order for pick up at midnight is the "interesting" one.

since we were slightly busy at the time I did not get the full story on this one until tonight.

Apparently the customer came in and tried to use one of those payday debt cards. the card came back declined for whatever reason. the customer "claimed" their paycheck (or whatever electronic funds transfer) SHOULD have been deposited/received/marked/verified via ACH around midnight. as in "WELL it happend at that time LAST MONTH". MOD is at a loss as to what to do except to say "Well unless you have some other payment NO food".

customer leaves and calls back a little later and the MOD and customer go back and forth. The MOD is in a generous mood and tells the customer if they can get the funds together by 1:10am (we close at 1am) they can get their food. Now normally we will NOT do transactions after close UNLESS the order was placed at the last minute (as in 15 - 20 minutes before we close).

the clock on the wall chimes 1am and we close. us closers get our work done and get ready to leave. the MOD needs to get their closing manger stuff done so the other driver volunteers to stay with the MOD (for security purposes as in 2 people must be in the building at all times) and I clock out and head out the door at 1:20am. by now we have discarded both orders (after waiting for the one to actually show up)

as I exit the store and head to my car I notice a man standing by our drive-thru window. I know the back door is closed and locked and I run to my car, get in and immediately lock my doors. I also call the other driver to let them and the MOD know there is someone outside the store. I quickly start my car and book out of the lot.

The other driver called me back about 30 minutes later and tells me this tale:
    the guy started banging on the window for a while then goes to the back door and starts pounding away on it. the MOD calls the local police for obvious reasons ie. a strange person is attempting to physically break in to the store.

the cops roll up and questions the man. given the circumstances the cops puts the man up against the wall and frisks him. well he was there to pick up the midnight order (yeah a little late). sorry no food tonight. the man leaves and the cop takes a statement from the MOD and driver.

I assume the the MOD left a detailed note for the openning GM as to what had happened.

Man's wife calls the GM during the day and starts railing on him. threats to sue are thrown around cause the "cop was RUDE to my man" (and this is relevant WHY????) and "WELL MY MONEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IN MY ACCOUNT AT THAT TIME cause that is what happened last month" (deal with the fact that technology does NOT always work the way you want it to).

the resolution: after the GM and the area manager discuss the matter: they get a FREE PIZZA

which just reenforces the notion that yelling and screaming and threats and threats of lawsuits will get you what you want.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Idiot managers.

I think I need to just give in to my inner toddler from now on. I'll get everything for free! :P
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
      I think I need to just give in to my inner toddler from now on. I'll get everything for free! :P
      the sad thing is how true this is
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Cause it was totally your stores' fault that his automatic deposit didn't go through!

I would have called the police too though; you had no way of knowing who he was.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Seriously, I don't understand some people. If you walk up to a store and see that they are closed, leave. Don't go walking around the building banging on doors and windows, especially that late at night....and then act surprised that someone called the police.

Comment

So because the MOD did the right thing and called the police this SC gets a free pizza?

The only things he should have gotten was:

a) laughed at
            b) a perma-ban

I've been here a while but I must say, this has to rank as one of the _stupidest_ management decisions ever made!

Comment

Stupid GM. Your MOD did the right thing and called the police on this idiot, I mean who knows if this guy is an armed robber or something. So because the guy threw a tantrum and his wife b-tched at you all about the way hubby was treated these two jackasses get a free pizza. I hate decisions like this it's unfair to employees and unfair to good rule-abiding customers.

Comment

*head tilt* What the hell...? Why am I thinking, "Oh, gods, it's only a pizza, let them have it, FFS"? Am I turning in to MANAGEMENT? *shudder*
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  Cause it was totally your stores' fault that his automatic deposit didn't go through! I would have called the police too though; you had no way of knowing who he was.
                  And it was your manager's fault the police were rude....
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*gasps* juwl, noooooooooo!
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      Cause it was totally your stores' fault that his automatic deposit didn't go through!
                      And they're dipships for depending on it to go through by midnight.

It starts processing at midnight. Some days they go through really fast, some days they take several hours before they post. It's the same with any direct deposit set up.

Then again, if they were that smart, they wouldn't be using one of those payday debit cards: the usage rules and charges on those things are usurious.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Geez, his wife's gripe was that the police were "rude?" How about her husband's stupidity! That doesn't bother her? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the cops are allowed to be rude...if by rude, you mean they can search you when they find you yelling and pounding on the windows of a closed business.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Bending Over Frontwards for the Customer

Yeah, at my chain every single policy statement ends with the phrase "Of course, managers are required to satisfy the customer and should not allow a customer to exit the store with anything other than a happy resolution to their concerns." Unuddawoids: Yeah, that coupon expired a decade ago, you don't have a receipt for that item which we haven't carried in five years, and your kid just sexually assaulted our mascot...but here, let me put in my secret register code and let everything pass 'cause you might not leave happy!

Don't imagine for an instant that management is overjoyed at these situations, folks. Our hands are as tied as anyone's, and our jobs are most definitely on the line if a customer makes a complaint.
                          CONSERVATIVE, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

Comment

what is really sad is this is another case of the customer wanting the employees (peon and management) to do their bidding as in "Stay in the store until I am ready for my stuff even if it impacts the employees lives".

so how long do we stay , what lengths are we required to go to, how much crap are we expected to put up with in the name of the "good customer service".

I was reading on another board about another pizza place where the GM mandated that phones be answered and orders taken for at least 10 minutes AFTER the stated closing time.

again where do they want us to draw the line????? or is there even a line anymore?????
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man
                              that goes along with a saying I found in a Murphy's Law type book (paraphrasing here): they will not tell you the rules and when you have figured out the rules they completely change them, putting you back on square one.
                              Yeah, that's about it.

I wish I would've known about the pizza situation. I might've scored a free pizza.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X